Job title: Sales Associate
Company: Green Tree Health & Wellness
Job type: Permanent, Part-time (15-20 hours/week)
Schedule: Weekdays, Rotating Saturdays
Start date: As soon as possible
Employee Perks: Competitive salary, Store discounts
Green Tree Health & Wellness brings sustainable, organic, Fair Trade, and Environment-friendly products, as well as Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Keto, and other lifestyle-specific options to the lovely community of Quesnel, BC. For over 14 years the store has been a one-stop-shop for all quality natural products to help people of all ages achieve their health & wellness goals.
We are a small and mighty group of wellness-driven people looking for someone to join us in our mission to help our community build a healthier body & mind, Naturally. We value work-life balance, the beauty of learning something new every day and maintaining a friendly work environment where each team member is treated with kindness and respect.
Unique as individuals and cohesive as a team, our friendly, knowledgeable, and talented staff are excited to welcome new addition to our family- someone who complements us the same way olive oil complements leafy greens! If this sounds like a good fit for you, there’s a good chance you’re also a good fit for us.
So come drop off your resume today, and let’s see where this takes us.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Excellent customer service skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Knowledge or strong interest in different aspects of the Wellness industry (vitamins, supplements, herbs, health foods, body care products, etc.) is a plus
- Holistic background is a plus
- Must be open to continuous learning
- Must be able to effectively work alone and with other people
- Must be able to multitask as well as prioritize different tasks in order of urgency
- Must have reliable means of transportation to and from the workplace
- Reliability and flexibility is crucial
- Merchandising experience or basic retail knowledge is a plus
- Focused, determined, and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Genuine and passionate about customer service, great with people
- Has experience working with cash
- Intermediate computer skills, comfortable with operating retail Point of Sale
- Comfortable with basic/light daily housekeeping, as well as general/detailed cleaning on occasion
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize reference materials available to acquire knowledge of products
- Accurately process sales as per store protocol, handle cash and debit/credit transactions efficiently
- Offer general assistance to customers depending on their needs
- Provide excellent customer service by listening to customers and, when necessary, asking relevant questions in order to help them better
- Assist other team members and the management team as appropriate and requested
- Fulfill regular store duties including stocking, inventory-taking and store maintenance and/or housekeeping
- Collaborate and efficiently communicate with other team members to stay on top of out-of-stocks, poor sellers, best sellers, and upcoming local and in-store events
- Communicate any problems or situations which arise in a timely manner to the supervisor
- Provide shift coverage in case of sickness, vacation, and other time-off requests
- Actively partake in team discussions on relevant store matters (e.g., store displays, new products, general customer feedback, and any other store-related suggestions/ideas)
- Comply with the policies and procedures set out in the Store Protocol Handbook and the Green Tree Health & Wellness Values, Vision & Mission
All interested applicants must apply in person with a resume and cover letter addressed to Marilyn at 355 Reid St, Quesnel, BC.