Westech has been helping our healthcare & corporate clients keep their facilities safe and clean for over 25 years. Westech values the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity at Westech means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates from diverse ethnicities, abilities, gender identities, ages etc. We are also committed to growing and learning with our team.
Cleanliness Inspector and/or Auditor – Quality Assurance Auditor
· A flexible part time position of 3-4 days per week.
· Remuneration of $20 per hour to start.
· Career advancement opportunities.
· Travel across the province of B.C. and Canada on occasion.
· Previous experience in this industry is not required.
· All in-house training and certification are provided by and paid for by Westech.
· A driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required.
· Double COVID-19 vaccination or whatever the latest requirements are of the BC health authorities to work in these facilities.
· Annual flu shot administered in October/November each year.
After being successfully trained and certified by Westech, you will perform cleaning inspections in hospitals, care homes, other healthcare facilities, universities, corporate offices, shopping malls, transit vehicles, etc.
Cleaning inspections and/or audits include everything from performing visual audits, swabbing frequently touched surfaces with special equipment to determine organic load, assessing cleaning outcomes with ultraviolet light, and taking culture samples to be assessed in the lab. The work requires someone who can be physically active all day since there is a lot of walking throughout buildings, bending to examine the underside of surfaces, and reaching up to examine doorways as an example.
Once trained, you will receive your month’s work options ahead of time which allows you room to create your own flexible schedule within the expectations of the position. Some of our client’s sites may require an early start, i.e., 6 or 6.30am. On the days where you have an early start, you will be ending your day earlier as well. Depending on workload, you may be able to plan shorter days to suit your schedule and personal commitments.
While most of the work you do is in the lower mainland you will also be expected on occasion to go on trips for up to one week at a time across BC and Canada to conduct cleanliness audits. These trips are planned sometimes months in advance. We try our best to work around your personal and your other work schedule. Travel expenses such as mileage and travel time are included when working within metro Vancouver. When you are working away from home you are compensated for all travel expenses including flights, hotels, car rentals, gas, and provided a per diem.
The successful candidate will:
· Double Vaccinated and/or current on all health requirements and government mandates for COVID-19 in every province.
· Current flu vaccine.
· Have a current BC Driver’s license and a dependable vehicle.
· Pass a criminal record check as arranged and paid for by Westech.
· Be able to travel on occasion with advance notice.
· Understand this is a part time contract position paid hourly based on how much work you do.
· Be comfortable and eager to learn the different methods Westech uses to objectively measure cleanliness at our client sites.
· Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within teams and on your own.
· Be able to follow instruction and to consistently adhere to the Westech auditing standards.
· Be physically capable of walking, moving up and down stairs, bending to look under furniture, reaching high areas in hospitals and other sites for the full duration of the audit which could be a full 7.5-hour day. To be specific, auditors do not climb ladders or on stepping stools to reach high areas, it is only reaching high areas with both feet on the ground.
· Be able to start at 6am for some of the sites and clients.
Future advancement for the successful applicant:
The successful applicant could be asked to take on new and exciting administrative leadership responsibilities in addition to auditing. These responsibilities include training our clients on how to utilize our Westech auditing tools. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Training and Operations.
How to apply:
If you are looking for a new and exciting role on a permanent part-time basis and you qualify based on the ‘successful candidate’ criteria, please apply with a covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for Westech and attach your updated resume. Only those who qualify will be contacted. If you do not include the covering letter explaining why you are a good fit your application will not be accepted. Thank you for your interest.