Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Oversees the entire Personal Care Center operation and team members. The Supervisor is responsible for planning and directing the activities of the Personal Care Center associates and resources to optimize client family satisfaction, resource utilization and cost containment within given limits.JOB RESPONSIBILITIESSupervising Personal Care Center
Training and Quality Control
- Ensures all policies and procedures are closely followed to ensure proper compliance in every area of the Personal Care Center's operations including embalming, transporting, removals, dispatching and other activities; maintain 100% compliance in all areas.
- Assists PCC staff and/or completes any preparation in its entirety.
- Monitor the operation and proper function of the crematory equipment and machinery by regular inspection and advise the Crematory Manager when repair or replacement is necessary.
- Directs and oversees daily schedules and prioritization of work, achieving 100% met commitments to funeral homes, cemeteries, crematories and other external customers.
- Proactively communicates and acts as a liaison between the Manager, staff and other location staff regarding issues, concerns and opportunities to improve process and efficiencies.
- Drives performance improvement in JD powers results for appearance of the deceased. Meets and exceeds client expectations.
- Recognizes and celebrates individual achievements and team successes.
- Orders, inventories and manages supplies and other merchandise.
- Acts as the Personal Care Center Manager when the Manager is not present at the location.
Preparation Room Maintenance
- Assists in training policies, procedures and standards for multiple roles.
- Executes and participates in various training activities.
- Ensures PCC staff maintains compliance with company compliance coursework.
- Maintains a safe working environment by training the staff to ensure compliance with the operating procedures of corporate, federal, state and local regulations, including OSHA regulations and Safety and Environmental guidelines.
- Ensures cases are managed in daily operations properly (location specific).
- Assists with maintenance of preparation room and the facility.
- Communicates equipment, supply or other inventory needs to Manager.
- Cleans soiled equipment and hazardous material spills.
- Ensures hazardous materials and spills are handled in accordance with the Material Data Safety Sheets.
- State specific required diploma or accreditations
- Holds and maintains any State specific licensing and/or certifications
- Valid State Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Five (5) years of funeral home, care center and/or decedent care preparation
- Demonstrates a high level of skill, personal attributes and abilities required for recognition by both peers and management
- Sets the standards for quality, teamwork, and productivity required for a high volume Personal Care Center
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively with a keen sense to detail
Work Conditions Work Environment
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Effective communication, training and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Work indoors and outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
- When not required to wear protective gear and if not in contact with families, embalmers must be dressed in a professional manner. Professional Dress is required when in contact with families. Uniforms may be required in some locations.
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Frequent, continuous periods of time standing, up 8 hours per day
- Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
- Kneeling, reaching and bending to move and arrange materials
- Climbing stairs to access buildings frequently
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required
- Carrying and/or lifting materials up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Pushing or pulling up to 300 pounds on a wheeled table or stretcher
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Working beyond "standard" hours as the need arises
Postal Code: V5G 3M1
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: CA-BC - Burnaby