HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Would you like to take your full-stack development skills and help deliver the world's most advanced and life-changing biotech medicines by building creative and ground-breaking software frameworks? Amgen is using cloud technology, DevOps frameworks, and continuous deployment pipelines to build new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses.
Senior Associate Software Engineer - Scientific Platform, Computing & AnalyticsThis will be a hybrid work role where you will be coming into office a couple times a month. We are open to candidates applying for either our Canadian (Burnaby) or US (South San Francisco or Thousand Oaks) offices.LiveWhat you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will help build innovative scientific applications with modern technology stacks that will be used by our research partners to drive Amgen's innovation in drug discovery. The candidate will join our Research Informatics team to deliver solutions by using best practices in Agile and DevOps. You will support our Research partners in designing and implementing IS solutions for Discovery, Non-Clinical & Early Development.
The Research Informatics team supports discovery research and translational sciences globally with innovative IS and Data Science solutions to accelerate and grow Amgen's pipeline of biopharmaceuticals. Our success in informatics is driven by our dedication to the IS Vision:
- Unlock knowledge and data for faster innovation
- Create value with compelling, consumable and resilient technology
- Enrich Amgen's engagement with patients and the healthcare community
Further, we at Amgen are building upon our strong oncology foundation and long-term dedication to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules - and we need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients.Responsibilities:
WinWhat we expect of youBasic Qualifications
- Develop and deliver high-quality, scalable, and robust software products & components in collaboration with product management, stakeholders & engineering teams
- Collaborate with the team members to build end to end Informatics solutions in support of R&D business objectives, to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into existing platforms, and to evaluate groundbreaking technologies in the industry to meet scientific business needs
- Ensure effective communication between scientific area management, technical staff, and vendors to analyze scientific needs and implement informatics solutions in data acquisition, integration, and analysis
- Ensure effective design, development, and management of software products to align with security & quality standards of Amgen
- Master's degree
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of software engineering experience
- Associate degree plus 6 years of software engineering experience
- High School / GED plus 8 years of software engineering experience
ThriveSome of the vast rewards of working here
- Demonstrated foundation in software design and proficiency in Java or Python
- Experience in developing or supporting bioinformatics, cheminformatics, laboratory automation, or other scientific applications.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas in common terms to business & technology partners
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work collaboratively in teams.
- High learning agility, innovation, and analytical skills.
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply nowfor a career that defies imagination
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.amgen.ca/career
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.