Job Title: Senior IT Engineer
Requisition ID: R013997
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
The IT Engineer will be responsible for supporting, managing and maintaining the IT infrastructure for our worldwide teams. Role will be reporting into Demonware located in Dublin, Ireland. It will be essential in this role to have the capability and the willingness to provide support in all IT areas including help desk, asset management, monitoring, data storage and backup. The candidate will need to be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems quickly and efficiently in a studio environment. The candidate will also need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of teams and users.
• Global desktop support for on-site users in multiple offices as well as remote users
• User account and workstation set up (software and hardware)
• Manage network infrastructure
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Server, storage and VM planning, configuration and maintenance
• Manage of AD / LDAP / Gsuite and Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), RADIUS and OKTA
• Manage cloud based tools GCP, AWS, Slack, Pagerduty
• Ensuring all deployments adhere to GIS compliance and policies
• Provide technical documentation for configurations and procedures
• Thorough understanding of Windows, Linux and Mac environments
• Experience managing LDAP (Active Directory) and productivity services (Office 365, Google Workspace)
• Experience with networks and network administration
• 5+ years' experience with time supporting studio game development preferred
• Ability to configure and deploy virtual machines, containers and bare-metal services
• Strong scripting and automation skills, with experience with Kubernetes an advantage
• Experience managing Atlassian applications (Confluence, JIRA)
• Experience with game development kits
• Excellent communication skills