Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 75 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
Here at Morrison Hershfield, we are committed to providing flexible work arrangements, to assist employees in fulfilling their multiple responsibilities at work, at home and in the community. Flexible work arrangements provide additional options for work schedules and locations. As we focus on project delivery, clients and staff, we have several working options available for working at Morrison Hershfield.
Morrison Hershfield (MH) is a leading provider of engineering, planning, environmental services and sustainable design, and we have a wide range of federal, provincial, municipal and private clients. We provide practical environmental solutions for interesting and complex projects across Canada.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Planner to complement our environmental team in western Canada. This position can be located in our Vancouver, Whitehorse, Winnipeg, Calgary or Edmonton offices. Due to expanding business opportunities within the company, this position offers potential for growth.Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for playing a key role in the permitting of renewable energy projects, supporting engineering projects delivered from our Western Canadian offices, and developing relationships with existing and prospective clients. Tasks are expected to include:
- Manage the environmental assessments of renewable energy projects
- Obtain permits and approvals for those projects
- Identify and evaluate environmental risks associated with projects and client activities, including risks associated with climate change
- Develop risk mitigation plans
- Prepare environmental management plans
- Participate in stakeholder consultation
- Participate in consultation with regulatory agencies
- Review technical reports
- Lead and support proposal preparation
- Support climate change risk assessments
- Establish and maintain relationship with existing and prospective clients
- University degree in Environmental Studies/Planning/Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum 5 years of directly related planning experience, working with projects under various jurisdictions (municipal, regional, provincial, and federal)
- Excellent working knowledge of provincial and federal environmental assessment legislation
- Excellent working knowledge of provincial energy project permitting requirements
- Proven ability to prepare comprehensive reports and plans
- Knowledge of sustainability and climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Proficiency in CAD/GIS / Graphics software an asset
- Valid Driver's License an asset
Morrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.