Located on the North Shore of Burrard Inlet in the Port of Vancouver, B.C., G3 Terminal Vancouver is the new standard for grain export facilities. This new marine terminal provides world class unloading, processing, and shipping of agriculture products to markets around the world. G3 has a safety centric, positive, progressive culture, focused on developing individuals in a team environment. Job Title:
Logistics Coordinator Location:
G3 Terminal Vancouver
Coordinates execution of all Vancouver logistic and supports the Logistics manager in G3TV product movements. In conjunction with G3 Transportation and Logistics, this position is responsible for the overall efficiency of grain movement from the inland facilities to Terminal Vancouver and administration of the Vancouver rail and vessel program. Additionally, ensures commodity's move in a timely manner to meet contractual obligations and customer requirements. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Executes the vessel program at the port of Vancouver for G3 Terminal and coordinates rail movements in and out of the G3 Vancouver Terminal.
- Monitors the terminals inventory positions and contract details such as: grade / call periods / tonnages / tolerances / specifications / destinations / discounts, etc.
- In coordination with Winnipeg logistics, analyzes data and develops and recommend strategies such as; stocks in store, cleaning requirements, calling in of railcars for vessel requirements, in conjunction with Manager of Logistics and the Operations group at the terminal.
- Communicates with agents and stevedores on vessel loading activities such as; stock availability, shift requirements, etc.
- Arrange with the stevedore appropriate stowage and rotations that maximize loading of the vessel in the port while ensuring contract tolerances on the commodity and vessel are adhered to.
- Communicates with the railways to ensure G3TV traffic is well managed for timely delivery to vessel.
- Arranges for the shifting of vessels in and out of the terminal facilities and plans vessel rotations in line with product availability to maintain terminal fluidity.
- Ensures that plans and strategies are accurately conveyed to the operations and maintenance groups.
- Assist in the administration and scheduling of the trucking program for G3 Terminal
- Assists in pipeline management in conjunction with the G3 Logistics and Marketing group.
- Excellent communication skills
- College/CEGEP/University education in a Business or Transportation Logistics, logistics related field is preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in international commerce / logistics, preferably in agriculture related field.
- Knowledge/experience in lay time computations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the transportation industry, related grain transportation, Port Terminal Operations, processing and vessel loading.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated planning and problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Computer competent with demonstrated ability in the use of spreadsheet, databases, communication and word processing software applications.
G3TV provides an industry competitive salary and benefits package.
G3 is committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment, and to supporting the success of employees throughout the organization. We encourage women, indigenous people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply and self-identify.
Please note that the G3TV site is not accessible to the public. Other details