Position Title:Driver Recruitment Specialist
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Requisition ID: 16743
Grade: Grade 04
Company: Day & Ross Inc.
At Day & Ross, you'll go far.
Day & Ross is one of Canada's largest transportation companies, serving top brands across North America. We got our start hauling potatoes in 1950, and now we have a team of more than 8,000 employees, drivers and owner operators.
We believe our people are our greatest strength - and we treat them like family. For over a decade, we've been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, and we have been named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation every year since 2018. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About The Role
Driver Recruitment Specialist
The Recruiting Specialist is responsible for ensuring Drivers, Owner Operators, and Company Drivers meet the hiring standards of the company. In this role, you will be required to submit for and review all required driver background documents including full application and be accountable for sending only qualified candidates through next level of processing.
The Recruiting Specialist will be responsible for gathering all documentation for licensing of units added to Day & Ross fleet. The Recruiting Specialist assists their assigned Recruiting department by geographic area with day-to-day clerical duties.
This position is accountable to the Recruiting Manager. The incumbent can be assigned duties in effort to provide additional administrative support to Field Recruiter(s); if necessary, they will reach out for assistance.
How You'll Help
• Achieve and exceed assigned new driver for broker file processing and exceed time of hire targets.
• Maintain productivity standards.
• Answer inbound calls from queues. Ensure daily queues have coverage.
• Administration of onboarding of all new applicants; follow a standardized process to ensure all documentation is requested and reviewed.
• Booking the Road Testing, Orientation and Drug Testing for all applicants.
• Issue Carrier's Edge training.
• Provide education on how to reach Field Recruiter(s) and other Recruiting Specialist(s).
• Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on recruiting.
• Prepares draft reports, background documentation, and research; as needed.
• Other related duties as may be required.
Your Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of secondary education, with preference of post-secondary education (general stream), or a combination of education and experience.
• Previous Transportation or operational experience is preferred, various roles within transportation would be beneficial
• Minimum 3 years administration or clerical duties in the Transportation Industry.
• Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential. Ability to work independently is imperative.
• Communication skills - advanced both verbal and written including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Computer skills - accuracy, MS products, Salesforce.com, web based programs
• Demonstrated customer relationship skills.
• Strong conflict resolution skills.
• Able to work deadlines in high transactional environment.
• Ability to champion business needs in a collaborative manner to colleagues.
• Results focused.
• Professional, responsive, and a positive work attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential to build a strong team environment. Attention to detail and keeping a business mind-set while verbal skills and the ability to communicate professionally as essential.
To apply, visit the Careers page on our website at dayross.com.
Day & Ross is committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, visitors, vendors, customers, and other members of our communities. In line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other. It is therefore a requirement that the successful candidate for this role be fully vaccinated and have completed the mandatory incubation period prior to the candidate's start date with Day & Ross.
Day & Ross is committed to applying the foregoing in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. The Company will review all requests for reasonable accommodation based on a protected ground on a case-by-case basis, and such accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Day & Ross undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to provide reference and criminal background checks prior to employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Function: Transportation; Human Resources; Supply Chain & Logistics
Location(s): CA - Canada : British Columbia : Surrey