Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada's Top Employers?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada's Best Employers. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
Purdys Chocolatier is excited to announce that we are seeking a Food Science Co-op Student
to join our Operations team at our Kingsway Office
in Vancouver, BC
. This is an 2-term full time contract starting as soon as possible, from June to December 2022.
The objective of the Food Science Co-op Student is to assist the Quality Assurance Manager in reviewing existing quality standards and develop methods to measure the standards consistently and objectively for all products. The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The successful candidate should have:
- Support the QA team with SQF monitoring, verification and validation processes
- Evaluate the current product standards and methods used to verify that standards are achieved,
- Analyze the collected data and review for alignment with established standards or creation of new standards, as required,
- Outline, propose and potentially implement methods to quantify any subjective methodologies utilized (and that methods are achievable in manufacturing),
- Review all processes outlined in quality control forms and help identify controls that are missing in a process,
- Further maintain an ongoing master list of quality checks per department,
- Develop, streamline and document current quality standards into a reference file that is accessible to employees
- Enrolled in 3rd year or above of Food Science program
- Availability for at least 8 months
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
Purdys Chocolatier is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us via email at [email protected] Other details