At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences. Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive, multicultural team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations. We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!Job Description
CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver is looking for a talented and motivated person to join our team as a QA Tester. This role will work closely with team members in all departments, communicating out their findings from various testing procedures. The ideal candidate is a highly-organised, detail-oriented and self-directing individual who is passionate about games, is comfortable working with a variety of departments, and has experience with QA testing.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an in-office, hybrid in-office or WFH model, based out of our office in Vancouver Canada. The candidate must be local to the studio location.
- Manual testing and verifying of new game features
- Testing performance and stability of the game
- Working closely with project leads, production, engineers, designers and technical artists
- Working alongside internal and external QA on bug tracking
- Reporting found bugs in our tracking software (JIRA)
- Providing qualitative feedback on game feel and balance
- Escalating critical issues and crashes, help to troubleshoot issues
- Verifying bug fixes on multiple platforms and monitor live issues.
- 1+ years experience in QA Testing for game development
- Knowledge of various testing methodologies
- Experience working in technical pipelines
- Experience with console and next-gen testing
- Experience working with multi-site test teams
- Experience with role playing games or first person shooters
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong autonomous attitude and ability to multitask and prioritise
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently when required
- Excellent communication skills: We have a multilingual and multicultural working environment and the ability to communicate across language and time zone barriers is essential.
- Competitive salary with project-based bonuses
- Health benefits with an HSA account
- Responsible work-life balance with flexible hours and paid overtime
- 26 days of paid vacation per year
- A modern indie-style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on high-budget AAA Games
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team
- Office located near transit and bike routes