Company DescriptionLooking for a change, an opportunity to show your exceptional skills, a chance to help lead and build a team? Grow your career with a company that shares your passion!Contributing to The Well-Being and Quality of Our Consumers
The well-being of our consumers is at the heart of Sodexo's approach, customer engagement is integral in the services provided by Sodexo employees in various locations across Canada. We work closely with our consumers and clients to create an interactive and personalized environment for the well-being of everyone we serve.
Sodexo is proud to announce these nominations: 2021 Canada's Best Diversity Employer; 2021 Canada's Greenest Employers; 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index featured company; 2020 Parity Certification - Platinum level and Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Program company - Gold Level.What We Can Offer You
Sodexo offers you a flexible and dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, access to ongoing training and development programs, and countless opportunities to grow within the company.Job Description
Sodexo Canada is seeking a Culinary - Pot/Dishwasher who is energetic and dynamic to work in the Culinary department at Mt-Milligan. This position is a full-time rotational 28 14, 14/14 role.
Recognized as a strategic partner, Sodexo Canada has consolidated its position by providing a range of Quality of Life in the corporate, education, healthcare, and remote sites segments. Delivering more than 850 different food and facilities management solutions across 750+ sites, Sodexo is a market leader in Canada. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 75 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services.SCOPE
As a member of our Food and Beverage team, you will always provide the highest quality of customer service, while working for Sodexo. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position.Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
QualificationsQUALIFICATIONSGrowth, Development & Qualifications:
- Ensuring cleanliness, tidiness, and safety of work environment.
- Washes pots, pans and utensils and stores items in designated areas.
- Cleans work area, floors, and garbage receptacles.
- Washes dishes and other kitchenware.
- Loads and unloads dishwasher, inspects dishes for cleanliness and places them in designated storage areas.
- Cleans washing machine and work area.
- Assists with the training of new employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Previous experience as a Pot/Dishwasher in a larger construction camp or institutional setting considered an asset.
- Must have working knowledge of proper dishwashing procedures in accordance with current health regulations.
- Must have a minimum of six months experience with side feeding commercial dishwashing machines, or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work with heavy duty grease cutting soaps and detergents (i.e. cannot have sensitive skin or allergies to chemicals).
- May be required to work shift or night shift.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods.
- Must have a valid Food Safe Certification or be willing to obtain certificate prior to commencing employment.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be physically fit and capable of lifting heavy items up to 50lbs.
- Embodies our value behaviors: Service Spirit, Team Spirit, and the Spirit of Progress.
- High School Diploma an asset but not required.
- Food Safe Level 1.
- Serving Clients and Customers
- Analysis and Decision
- Assurance and Safety Diversity
- Drive and Dependability
- Interpersonal Relations
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted
.Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs