Copperleaf's enterprise software helps some of the world's largest energy firms make better strategic decisions. We have a track record of delivering award-winning, industry-changing solutions. Join our team as we continue to enable our clients to build more resilient and sustainable infrastructure.
Our Predictive Analytics team creates the engine that determines our clients' long-term risk profiles and analyzes the impact of asset interventions with respect to customer-specific value-measures. The role requires a mindset which is both theoretical and practical, and the desire to be involved with projects from research, proof of concept, and prototyping through to software implementation.
As a member of the Predictive Analytics team, you will use your background in optimization problems, probability, or quantitative modelling to research and implement new functionality into our software product. You will also be able to help explain the product concepts and complex analytics in a way which can be easily understood by peers.Your Skill Set:
Background in one or more of the following areas would be valued:
- Developing sophisticated backends for web-based applications with C#, Microsoft.NET and relational databases
- Design and implementation of large enterprise systems and understanding the impact of system changes
- Object-oriented programming
- Multithreaded, high performance applications
- Data structures and algorithms
- Mathematical modelling (Matlab/R/Python)
- Be a team player in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work independently and provide self-direction
- Understand and communicate complex technical issues
- Focus on product-centric rather than technology-centric development
- Exercise strong technical skills with attention to detail in design, coding and review
- Be self- motivated, flexible, pragmatic, proactive and able to handle a variety of tasks
- Employ excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, respect, courtesy & discretion
- Bachelors in one of the following disciplines: Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering
We're not hung up on how much experience you may have with a specific programming language or technology. However we like to see skill, passion and creativity in the work and projects you've completed.What's it like here?
At Copperleaf, we're committed to building a great culture because we know it sets us apart. Culture is at the very core of everything we do, and it's what makes people want to be part of the market-leading company we're building. We are a global team of world-class innovators continually pushing the limits of what's possible to deliver exceptional value and extraordinary experiences to our clients. To do that, we actively cultivate an open and supportive team environment, where diverse ideas and perspectives are encouraged and respected.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies, winner of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Tech Association's Tech Culture of the Year, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Copperleaf's culture and play a vital role in our growth strategy. We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels a sense of belonging and can contribute to their maximum potential. Our differences are the reason great things happen here. If you are an applicant in need of accommodations or special assistance throughout the interview process, please submit a request by email to [email protected]