At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.The Opportunity:
We're looking for an Estates Specialist to join our Operations team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Estates, the Estates Specialist is responsible for the review, preparation, settlement, and taxation filing of client estate accounts. This role is responsible for delivering on our Service Level Agreements and work with partners to resolve escalations in an urgent and efficient manner. Who you are:
What your day looks like:
- Service - You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients' needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution - You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on "getting things done", as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration - You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
- Performs estates settlements, journal processing, issuance of tax documents for estates accounts, address estate related inquiries/issues per internal deadlines
- Ensures all information and request channels are current and up to date (e.g. requests for OSM, Laserfiche, mailbox)
- Proactively offers assistance and maintains a positive attitude as a member of the team and works closely with other Operational teams
- Reviews current processes of MFDA and IIROC estate settlements and pro-actively make recommendations for improvement
- Ensures training checklist is up to date and current
- Provide regular status and immediately highlights if there are any items in backlog so resources can be allocated
- Reviews and ensures the following are current: MFDA and IIROC checklists, departmental procedures and manuals per trustee or regulatory changes
- Actively participates in IIAC Committee meetings and remains current on CRA, RQ, HRSDC and trustee regulations through the review of legislation, press releases, and industry information bulletins
- Provide support to the Estates Contact Centre by proactively responding to partner inquiries by delivering on fast, friendly and efficient service
RequirementsYour experience and skills:
- Resolve problems at first point of contact where possible
BenefitsWhy Aviso Wealth?
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum of 5 years' financial industry experience, preferably in Estates, Registered Plans or Operations
- Industry knowledge of MFDA, IIROC, CRA and RQ rules and regulations preferred
- Pro-active in problem solving with strong analytical skills, presenting recommendations for review and implementation
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate with a focus on quality assurance
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Outstanding customer service focus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and meet time deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Word, Outlook, Excel
- Experience with Dataphile is an asset
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
- Ability to work EST/PST standard hours
At Aviso Wealth, you will find a dynamic and inclusive culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.Company Overview:
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with over $100 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso Wealth is owned by Credit Union Centrals, The Co-operators / CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Direct Investing, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso Wealth also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. We have operations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal with a regional office in Winnipeg. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.