We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.comJob Description What You'll Be Doing
As the Trust Officer, you will be responsible for the ongoing account management and administration of Estates, Trusts and Powers of Attorney. This involves partnering with a specialized team of professionals within Wealth Management dedicated to working with Estates, Trusts and Powers of Attorney. Primary accountability for the timely, accurate, and professional administration of moderate complexity estate, trust and power of attorney accounts. You will identify and mitigate account risks while adhering to all CIBC Trust Policies & Procedures, including cash management, fee collection, account opening, etc. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Collaboration - Develop and maintain a strong partnership with the clients/beneficiaries in order to provide excellent client service. Effective and open communication is critical to ensure parties are informed of key activities, milestones and deliverables. Partner effectively with internal experts from the Investment Management and Tax Department, to provide oversight and guidance on client investment and tax issues. Engages external professionals as required. Supervises account investments to ensure consistency with account objectives, constating documents and legislation.
- Trust & Estate Acumen - Ensure the onboarding and account management aligns with the unique needs of clients and the characteristics of Estates and Trust. Establish effective tracking, monitoring and compliance with the governing document and responsible for the resolution of all operational, technical and discretionary issues encountered in the management of the accounts. Assist in developing standards in administration and vetting new and/or changes to policies and procedures. Optimizes account administration by identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Coaching and Mentoring - Accountable to oversee and supervise the workflow of a Trust Administrator by providing ongoing technical assistance to support the achievement of the business unit's priorities and CIBC's overall goals. Create a positive work environment and be an effective role model by championing CIBC's mission, vision and values. Ensure compliance with policies, standards, guidelines and controls by applying the policies and controls fairly and consistently.
What CIBC Offers
- You can demonstrate 4 - 8 years of experience in the Estate & Trust Industry. A detailed knowledge of accounting and investing sufficient to administer a range of moderately complex Estate, Trust and Power of Attorney Accounts.
- You're a certified professional . It is an asset if you have obtained the Member Trust Institute (MTI) and/or Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) designation(s).
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
This job position requires the potential successful candidate to be based out of the British Columbia region.What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
500 Centre Street SEEmployment Type
Banking, Business, Customer Experience (CX), Customer Service