Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to shape your future, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Share our purpose to together mobilize a brighter future for all and help British Columbians down's life's many roads.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a precondition of new employment. A successful candidate offered employment at BCAA will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment. Exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.BCAA has been named one of BC's Top Employers 2022! What BCAA offers you:
Join a Unique Contact Centre Trainee Opportunity!
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2022, 2021, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
We are hiring Regular Full-Time Service Advisors!
This is a unique opportunity to join BCAA starting in our Burnaby Contact Centre where BCAA will provide you fully paid training and support required to obtain your level 1 insurance license. Upon completion of your initial training and work experience requirements in the Contact Centre, you will permanently be relocated to one of our service locations within one of your preferred regions in the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley.
As one of BCAA's Member-facing team members, the Service Advisor is an insurance professional dedicated to delivering amazing Member experiences through the servicing of BCAA's products and services, with a focus on Membership and Travel insurance products. The Service Advisor is a source of positive brand impressions and builds long-lasting relationships with all of our Members and helps them derive the maximum value from their Membership through identifying needs for additional BCAA products and services. The Service Advisor, MCC collaborates with a team who is passionate about igniting unparalleled Member loyalty that enables BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
Key Responsibilities: Sells and Upgrades Membership and Travel Insurance to New and Renewing Members
- Through consultative over the phone sales and/or customer facing, acquires new Membership and Travel Insurance sales; where required and with the appropriate qualifications, sells additional BCAA products including Optional Auto and other services
- Renews BCAA Memberships and Travel Medical Insurance policies by reviewing current coverages and making recommendations; where required and with the appropriate qualifications, renews additional BCAA products and services
- Reviews product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions to limit errors and omissions
- Deepens Member relationships through excellence in customer service including, informing Members of Member value and opportunities to save
- Collaborates with BCAA and other supplier's Underwriters
Creates Referrals for Cross-selling of BCAA Products and Services to New and Renewing Members
- Meets all prescribed sales, business-building and retention targets, BCAA and AAA/CAA Member experience goals, best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
- Creates referrals for cross-selling Homeowners' and Auto Insurance
- Creates and follows up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
- Manages Member/Customer Accounts and Concerns
Processes and Manages Member/Customer Documents
- Updates Member information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
- Processes Membership and Travel Insurance endorsements and cancellations; where required, process endorsements and cancellations for additional BCAA products and services
- Issues new and renewal Membership transactions and Member entitlement products such as Trip Tiks (auto travel route planning), international driving permits, Member maps, Car/Hotel/Disney booking, tour books and camp guides
- Resolves Member concerns by following BCAA's Member resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Acquires and Maintains Industry, Product and Systems Knowledge
- Processes payments and follow up on outstanding payments
- Issues new, renew and makes changes to Memberships
- Issues new and renewal Travel and Optional Auto Insurance policies, cancellations, and endorsements; where required, issue new, renewal, endorsements and cancellations for additional BCAA products and services
- Meets all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
Other Duties; as Assigned
- Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and Insurance manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
- Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
- Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitors' product offerings
- Maintains annual Insurance licensing requirements
- Handling different call types as required
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- 2 years' experience in a Sales and Service environment
- Level 1 Insurance license (or willing to obtain within 3 months)
- As required, completion of training for Advantage Auto Optional Motor Vehicle Insurance Product
- Demonstrated sales productivity and customer service skills
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to prioritize activities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Proven judgment and decision-making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations
- Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to meet prescribed sales, business-building, retention and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
- Strong computer skills with basic knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Completion of BCAA Insurance-related training
- Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems
- Limited history of Errors & Omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
We aspire to be one of the best places to work with those who share our beliefs:We believe in:DOING THE RIGHT THING
- Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographic
We stay true to our word, and help British Columbians move forward.THE POWER OF COMMUNITY
Together, we create a more vibrant, inclusive and connected province for everyone.PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST
We treat each other with the same care and respect that we treat our Members.PROTECTING OUR HOME
It's our responsibility to protect life in BC now, and for generations to come.SHAPING THE FUTURE
We look to new horizons and actively embrace change.By putting these beliefs in to action each of us will do engaging work with inspiring people and grow personally and professionally.