Position Title:ShunterPosition Type:
Regular - Full-Time Requisition ID:
17092Grade: Company: At Day & Ross, you'll go far.
From a single truckload of potatoes in the 1950s to a fleet of thousands, Day & Ross has become one of the largest transportation companies in Canada. With more than 8,000 employees, drivers, and owner operators, we're a major player in cross-border and LTL/TL transportation, offering a diverse portfolio of transport and logistics solutions across North America.
For over a decade, we've been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018 and 2019. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.About the Role
The Shunt Driver is responsible for ensuring the proper safe and timely handling of inbound and outbound trailers within the Terminal Yard. The successful candidate must ensure they maintain a clean work environment with a focus on proper handling techniques and safety.Available Shift:
Monday to Friday 02:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. How You'll Help
Your Skills & Experience
- Move trailers to and from the dock doors
- Park and organize equipment in the yard
- Conduct a yard check which includes recording trailer numbers, fuel levels, trailer contents, and seal numbers
- Conduct reefer check including unit number, reefer settings and fuel level
- Ensure yard is clean and operated in a safe manner
- Assist Linehaul and P&D Drivers with locating, positioning and other equipment requirements
- Regularly assist on the Dock
- Moving and handling of large and cumbersome freight in a dock environment (50-75 lbs)
- Operate a Forklift in congested areas
- Report any incidents of safety violation or security breaches
- Other related duties as may be required
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
- Minimum of secondary education
- Previous Transportation or operational experience is preferred, with at least 1 year experience driving a shunt truck is preferred
- Class 1 license preferred but not necessary with applicable experience
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.Function:
Transportation; Supply Chain & LogisticsLocation(s):
CA - Canada : British Columbia : Burnaby