Company DescriptionSodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. As a provider of services in many client locations, including hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes, we require that all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Grow your career with a company that shares your passion! Our Energy and Resources Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as our next Health and Safety Coordinator.
This role will require you to work with a rotation of 20 days in camp, 10 days out. This role is ideal for you if you are NSCO Certified with previous Remote Site camp experience. is an asset.
As the Safety Coordinator for our site, you will work with a team of five Safety Coordinators and a Safety Manager to provide your great safety training skills, support and knowledge to the Sodexo site staff. Ideally you possess previous remote site work experience and food safety or HACCP is a very strong asset. Our team provides all Food Service, catering, housekeeping as well as administrative support to this very large remote site. Sodexo offers a competitive salary, benefits, paid vacation as well as travel to/from the site.
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada! Job DescriptionHow You'll Make an Impact:
- Work across the site using strong negotiation skills, superior presentation skills and influential communication skills
- Experience and/or knowledge in food safety, HACCP and some environmental safety within a remote site, hospitality/hotel setting
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety practices and legislation
- Establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship resulting in highest levels of client and customer satisfaction and account retention, and future business growth plans
- Effectively assist with incident investigation
- Assist and participate in training for safety
- Return to work, modified duties and injury management experience
- Claims, WCB experience
Additional InformationWhat Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Post secondary as well as NCSO designation or CRSP is an asset or working towards your designation
- COR Audit is an asset
- Food Safety and HACCP is a very strong asset
- 3-4 years in a similar role or experience within lodgings, hospitality with Remote Site Camp experience as a strong asset
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2019
- Canada's Best Employers by Forbes 2019
- Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2020
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about! Instagram:
Sodexo Canada CareersFacebook:
Sodexo CA Jobs