DescriptionA growing global company. Endless career and development opportunities.
When you join Ritchie Bros., you'll be part of a diverse, global team that's focused on delivering great customer experiences. Our culture is centered around people and guided by our core values of Integrity, Unity and Vision. Learn more about our culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion at Candidate Portal.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about making a difference, we invite you to join our growing team. Whether you're out in the field or back at your office, you'll be helping us achieve our vision of becoming the trusted global marketplace for insights, services and transaction solutions for commercial assets.
Are you an avid learner, confident that you can grow into your role, backed by our veteran team?
Excited by the proposition of supporting the rich ecosystem that runs our auctions?
We're looking for a Software Engineer
. The work location for this position is Burnaby, British Columbia
and is eligible for a fully remote
work arrangement.The Opportunity:
Being a member of our team will require you to touch on a broad range of skills to provide DevOps services for the many applications that run our auctions.
You will have a customer-centric mindset: pouncing on incidents, creating proactive monitoring, automating fixes and sleuthing solutions to tricky problems.
You will also be responsible for managing the Production and non-Production environments for the program team for projects, program initiatives, and sustainment activities.
In this role you'll:
- Primary resource for administration of Production and non-Production environments, custom applications and their integration points
- Technical coordination and implementation of Business Systems build, automation, and productivity tools
- Ability to plan, implement, and troubleshoot complex system scenarios
- Ability to work within overlapping initiatives and schedules, providing guidance and resolutions
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here's what you bring:
- College diploma or University degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering or equivalent.
- At least 1 years' experience in software development, release engineering, configuration management.
- Strong understanding of software lifecycle and application release processes.
- Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Familiar with source code repositories and build management tools, i.e. Jenkins, Ansible, SVN, Bitbucket Server, ANT.
- Experience with SaaS or CRM applications, i.e. Salesforce
- Experience in scripting utilities, i.e. Python, PowerShell, Apex, Shell, Batch.
- Familiar with databases and query languages - SOQL, MSSQL, Postgres, Oracle
- Applicable work experience with change, configuration, build and release management processes.
- Proven analytical abilities as well as diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud-based applications and CRMs
- Experience with issue tracking management, i.e. Jira, ServiceNow.
- Familiar with Agile concepts and methodologies.
- Familiar with ETL systems, i.e. Boomi, Kafka
- Familiar with monitoring tools such as the ELK, TICK and Prometheus stacks
This job will require you to:
What We Offer:
- Systems Integration:
- Plan, coordinate and execute deployment strategies of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Develop and maintain release management workflow, including versioning, deployment plans, checklists, and deployment summaries.
- Execute deployments and implementations following change management process.
- Work closely with other program SI's, program team members, project team members, and Operations staff to ensure that all requirements, as originally specified, are satisfied.
- Create and maintain non-production environments.
- Develop, coordinate and communicate transition process of systems from the Build team to Operations.
- Automate deployment steps.
- Research and provide solutions and/or tools to automate and monitor processes where applicable.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous.
- Build Management:
- Produce software releases/builds in a timely fashion, ensure completeness and perform preliminary verification.
- Creation and maintenance of automated, scalable, build scripts/tools.
- Maintain the build system and process documentation.
- Collaborate as part of the project team in assembling software releases.
- Responsible for source code configuration management.
- Assist with planning/maintenance of development, QA, and UAT environments.
- Administration of the defect tracking tool (JIRA) for all departments.
- Environment Management:
- Facilitate and participate in the creation of Environment Management Plans for diverse IT projects.
- Prepare and gather effort estimates for the environment aspects of IT projects.
- Participate in the development of EMG practices and policies.
- Manage test data (data tracking and scheduling, acquiring new sale data from production, resurrecting sales, running web baseline updates, etc.)
- Manage resources on EMG's vSphere infrastructure (troubleshooting, capacity planning, etc.)
- Contribute to the planning, design, and development of environments for new and existing applications.
- Management and maintenance of the program team's SharePoint site, including organization of data and upkeep.
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career - we've proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here's how:
- Base salary + performance bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP / Pension plan and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award-winning LEED gold-certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award-winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
Ritchie Bros. has grown from a small-town auctioneer to a global asset management and disposition company. Through our family of companies, we help our customers buy and sell a wide range of used and unused equipment for construction, mining, transportation, agriculture, oil & gas, lifting & material handling, forestry & other industries.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls, please.
If you require any accommodation, please send an email to: [email protected]