Job Title: Retail RepresentativeJob Purpose/Overview
The Retail Representative is responsible for selling, distributing and merchandising Mars Wrigley products at retail outlets (all channels) in an assigned territory. The Retail Representative within an assigned territory is responsible for assigned customers. The key responsibilities are distribution, selling display deals and merchandising.Key Responsibilities
Job Specifications/QualificationsEducation & Professional Qualifications
- Sell in and maintaining distribution of assigned products.
- Responsible for presenting display programs to customers and suggesting order.
- Presenting and selling booking sheets to stores.
- Ensuring all listed product are stocked and properly displayed on shelves with store price tags.
- Replenishing of display fixtures, including Mars Wrigley Canada racks.
- Working with the customer to secure secondary space for building of display.
- Applying POS or other Marketing materials where applicable.
- Product rotation both on-shelf and in backroom to ensure optimal product quality and freshness.
- Maintain appropriate data (customer Info, survey recording, tracking, etc...) in field sales data collection software.
- Territory management through customer coverage that involves efficient and effective use of time and resources.
- Plan and organise route schedule according to company call coverage model (frequency and time-in call).
- Keep DSM up to date regarding territory activity.
- Maintain an adequate stock of relevant merchandising supplies and POS materials.
- Follow company procedures for processing credits/cheques.
- Due to the ongoing Pandemic, all retail associates will be fitted with PPE (N-95 masks, surgical masks & gloves) for every store visit. Mandatory PPE training and compliance to Health & Safety guidelines is required.
- High School diploma is a minimum
- Ability to lift product (maximum lifting requirement 50 pounds).
- Ability to drive approximately 100 km daily while making sales calls.
- Ability to sustain repeated movement which includes but is not limited to in and out of car movement, bending, leaning, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping motions.
Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills
- Sales experience would be an asset
- Ability to secure level of vehicle insurance coverage as determined by Mars Canada Inc.
- Valid Canadian driver's license.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Selling and Negotiation Skills
- Merchandising Skills
- Computer literate including functional in all standard Microsoft suite of products: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Presentation Skills
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we're striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.