is seeking a Public Safety Architect with experience and interest working on Public Safety Market Sector projects to join our team. This position is based out of our Kitchener, ON; Markham, ON; Whitby, ON; Mississauga, ON; Burnaby, BC; Toronto, ON; Edmonton, AB; Calgary, AB offices.At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Due to continuing success in the Public Safety Sector, AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Architect with passion and experience in Fire, Police Stations, Paramedic facilities, Courthouses, Detention facilities, Embassy and Consular work and Border Crossings to be responsible for architectural design of these types of projects.
We are searching for a dynamic person who is creative and enjoys working within a strong multi-disciplinary group. This individual must be a licensed Architect with the OAA and be interested in specializing in this market sector.
The home base of this position is in Kitchener with ability for some working from home. This position has expected growth within the AECOM organization.
Responsibilities include client communication, consultant coordination, design development, drawing review and contract administration.
Further responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- As part of a design team, will produce creative, functional and innovative designs for Public Safety clients and collaborate with management on preparation of project proposals and feasibility studies
- Provide support to the Architectural Manager on all phases of building design projects as required and assist in growing this sector
- Leading a team in the preparation of detailed architectural designs and specifications
- Meet with clients to discuss potential new work and/or review project requirements
- Preparation of design and contract documents, document checking, manage construction review and contract administration throughout the duration of a project
- Communicate with construction team to provide information and solve problems
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
- No less than 6 (six) years of Architectural experience working for Public Safety clients
- Must be a Licensed Architect with the OAA and/or other Provinces, with OAA eligibility
- LEED certification and project experience is a strong asset
- Thorough knowledge of building systems and construction detailing
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge, document review, consultant coordination and experience in field review and contract administration
- Demonstrated strong creativity in design
- Exceptional technical knowledge of building construction and the Ontario Building Code
- Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
What We Offer
- Company will not cover expenses associated with any relocation for this position
- Company unable to facilitate work Sponsorship for this position
- AECOM encourages, but does not require, its employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. However, this position may require work on a project or a work site, which requires workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Architecture and DesignBusiness Line
B&P - Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Full TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.
CA - Burnaby, BC - 3292 Production Way, CA - Calgary, AB - 48 Quarry Park Blvd, CA - Edmonton, AB - 18817 Stony Plain Rd NW, CA - Markham, ON - 105 Commerce Valley Dr W, CA - Mississauga, ON - 1000-5090 Explorer Drive, CA - Toronto, ON - 1200 Markham Road, CA - Whitby, ON - 300 Water StVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.