Associate Software Developer - Security Applications (Co-op position)Description -Associate Software Developer - Security Applications (Co-op position)
Teradici, an HP company, is the inventor of the PCoIP remote display protocol and developed the Engineering Emmy-Award-winning Teradici CAS to deliver the best virtual and remote desktop experience in the world.
We are looking for a talented, creative, and team-oriented co-op student (Computer Science) to join us in developing and testing the next evolution in our industry-leading PCoIP Cloud Access Software, which is used by many of the big names in the Media & Entertainment industry. We are building a new Zero Client based on IoT technologies, running on a custom Linux OS. You will gain exposure to our modern CI systems, learn security best-practices, and work alongside your teammates using an Agile/Scrum development process, helping to shape the future of how remote desktop computing is managed, secured, and delivered to enterprise environments.Responsibilities:
- Develop software components related to an IoT solution.
- Build software using C/C++ (including modern C++ such as C++14/17), Python, Bash, CMake and others.
- Build and maintain embedded Linux platforms.
- Participate in a Scrum team and learn about agile software development.
- Learn about CI/CD systems.
- Analyze security reports and harden code.
- Develop components within a virtual desktop infrastructure.
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Students who have completed at least 2 academic years.
- Students who love to program software (ideally before they joined university) and have an interest in software services.
- Individuals who work well with others, think outside the box and see raising the bar as part of the daily routine.
- CMake or any other build script automation tools.
- GNU tools such as gcc, g++, and gdb, or equivalent.
- Git or any other distributed version control systems (VCS).
- Unit testing and Mocking frameworks.
- Preference will be given to Co-op Students currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program.
- Please upload a copy of your unofficial transcript with your application.
- 4 month work term.
- Start date: September 2022
- Full-time with possibility of extension and/or permanent career positions.
Full timeShift -
No Shift premium (Canada)Travel -
NoEEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.