- The Sous Chef (SC) is responsible for all kitchen operations at their specific location in support of the Head Chef (HC). He or she has the autonomy to make decisions that will positively impact the business in areas of guest satisfaction and food quality and is responsible for ensuring the profitability and cleanliness of the kitchen in alignment with the HC. Further the SC is responsible for assisting the HC in staffing, training and development of all kitchen positions.
- Ensuring all kitchen positions execute routines and complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists and log out reports.
- Managing profit reporting and participation in monthly profit meetings.
- Assisting the HC with all areas of kitchen recruitment and training, including interviewing, orientations, onboarding and continued training and development.
- Assisting the HC with conducting monthly environment audits as per JRG and local health protection standards, including cooking line, prep areas, storage areas, prep halls, loading docks, exterior compounds, coolers and freezers.
- Assisting the HC with controlling food costs by reviewing portion control, minimizing waste and conducting weekly food inventory counts and variances are investigated.
- Tracking QSA's and provide follow up training and improvements.
- Managing kitchenware and disposables budgets.
- Assisting the HC with managing kitchen staff schedule, overtime and labour targets.
- Monitoring sales trends and forecasts sales to ensure schedules are written to achieve sales and labour targets.
- Maintain high level food quality and presentation in accordance with organization's standard recipes and specifications.
- Supervising team of 5 or more
- Hours and shifts may vary. Includes working evenings, weekends and holidays. Work is performed in restaurant kitchen and office environments.
Company InformationCOMPANY PROFILE:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a professional kitchen
- Food Safe Level 1
- First Aid Level 1, preferred but not mandatory
- Proficient working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Optimum is an asset
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
The Joseph Richard Group is a collection of unique hospitality ventures owned by André "Joseph" Bourque and Ryan "Richard" Moreno. Our team operates 25 establishments together, constantly fine-tuning our concepts according to the needs of our guests. What sets us apart is our dedication to the Guest Experience; an unwavering commitment to exceptional service, top quality offerings, and a team of like-minded people. OUR MISSION:
Creating memorable experiences for all guests through the best people, product, service, and environments.