DescriptionThe following assessment questions were crafted by Kiinago Biinoogi Muskiiki ('Our Children's Medicine' in English) in consultation with Indigenous Elders, Knowledge Keepers and other members of the community. Applications housed on this platform provide a unique opportunity for First Nations, Métis and Inuit job seekers to have the option of sharing their whole selves with potential employers, including their lived experience and transferable skills. For more information, visit ourchildrensmedicine.caBring your whole self to work. Inclusion is a journey requiring practice & experience to result in a powerful outcome. Your perspective matters & voice will be heard. Why work with CWB?
We offer an award-winning benefits package that includes hybrid work environments, everyday flexibility, 100% company-funded health coverage, health care spending account, a flexible wellness program & generous time-away options to unplug, rest & recover.
Find a community within the CWB family in our employee represented groups. We invest in our employees' development to help them reach their professional goals with organization wide Coaching services. Strategic career design is an investment in our core asset - our people.
We have peer-to-peer recognition programs for "in the moment" and monumental wins, community giving, as well as volunteer/fundraising opportunities so you can make a difference. All with CWB support. We have ESGs, financial rewards, base salary & pay, and retirement investment strategies for our employees.Do you put people first? Are you a natural connector and passionate about bringing people together? Do you display integrity and professionalism at every turn, but aren't afraid to speak up and speak out?We're looking for you!The Role
As the Senior DEI Manager, you will provide your knowledge and expertise for enterprise-wide strategic programs related to equity, inclusion, diversity, and employee engagement. You will lead the development, monitoring, execution, and measurement of the three-year inclusion and diversity strategy, including equity representation and diversity employee development programs. Additionally, you will build and execute annual strategies and plans related to employee engagement and trust while providing the analysis of people related metrics needed to move these strategies forward, provide leadership, advocacy and support for all ERGs, and analyze key data to provide critical inclusion and diversity measurement and reporting, including representation for required regulatory reporting.
More of your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Liaise with key stakeholders to execute talent strategies, learning strategies and communications strategies related to inclusion and diversity
- Act as chair of the Employee Equity Committee, ensuring execution of their mandate
- Liaise with all parts of HR on ensuring policies and practices impacting diversity are up-to-date, relevant and compliant with national regulations and best practices
- Provide key support to Diversity Council and their activities
- Continuously stay up-to-date on key changes to legislation, current events, and best practices in inclusion and diversity and employee engagement (within the financial services sector, as well as the Canadian business landscape in general)
- Take a lead role in creation of Culture Brief and Culture Audit for annual Great Place to Work Certification
- Create and execute annual employee engagement and listening strategy
- Actively participate in the design, development, and implementation of organization-wide processes that contribute to employee trust and engagement and the overall employee experience
- Support individual leaders with annual and ongoing team engagement measurement and planning
Your Strategic Deliverables Include:
- Leadership, ownership and advocacy
- Trust and engagement measurement planning, execution and measurement
- Operationalization of diversity and equity strategies into people infrastructure (succession planning, talent planning, etc.)
- Employment equity planning and execution
- Diversity target-setting, measurement and federal regulatory reporting
- Diversity development programs
- Employee Represented Groups (ERG)
- Self-Identify as First Nations, Metis, or Inuit
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certification in Human Resources, Business, Arts, or a related field
- Awareness of industry trends related to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Deep knowledge of EDI, employee engagement, and change management best practices
- Foundational knowledge in employment equity legislation, human capital management systems and measurement practices, leadership development best practices
- Able to build meaningful and lasting professional relationships
- Facilitation and public speaking
- Able to work with technology and digital platforms
Welcome to CWB Financial Group! Our approach to business is straightforward: we work hard and with integrity, we practice common-sense thinking, we're accountable for our actions, and we care about our people. We're proud to have built a workplace that is supportive, respectful and rewarding. Our business is based on exceptional client relationships and we know that building an outstanding team is the first step to success. A great place to work! We're thrilled to be named one of this year's Best Workplaces™ in Canada in our first year of contention for the award. Our employees say it best: we're respectful, fair, trustworthy, proud and welcoming - join us!