Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As ecommerce removes borders, we don't want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
If you relate with being Caring, Curious and Cheerful; we are looking forward to having you onboard!Job Description
We are looking for a passionate Senior UX Designer to drive the overall direction of the Chit Chats Platform UX Design. Reporting to the Software Development Director, the Senior UX Designer will also work closely with graphic designers, software developers and the Technical Product Owner on updates and enhancements to our platform from the initial idea to the implementation of visuals and interaction.
As Senior UX Designer, you will work with your team to design key member and staff-facing features on our platform, with a focus on delivering robust, but accessible and elegant solutions for a varied user base. You will strategize and manage efforts to better understand our user base, identifying the personas of different user types and driving innovation across a comprehensive user experience, working cross-functionally with operations, marketing, business development and member relations teams.You will be responsible for:
QualificationsWhat you bring:
- Serve as the primary interface for UX design with internal teams including Business Development, Operations, Marketing and Member relations teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
- Lead, mentor and manage a new UX Design team by translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate team designs.
- Develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, mockups, and design specifications.
- Work with product managers to understand business needs/priorities and balance these with user requirements. Work with software developers on interface implementation.
- Ensure interfaces are held to a consistently high standard of user-centered design and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Continuously challenge the effectiveness of design, stay up to date on behavioral analytics, monitor success metrics, and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Contribute to the overall design framework to ensure consistent experiences across a multi-faceted platform.
Additional InformationWhy us?
- 5+ years of UX design experience; eCommerce or shipping industry experience an asset.
- Knowledge of industry tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign, Figma, Illustrator and Miro.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of both desktop and mobile design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal teams.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to influence others.
- High degree of creativity and problem solving from big picture to little details, moving nimbly between strategy and execution
- Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Detail-oriented and focused.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively.
- Proactive, professional, and friendly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Able to work both independently and cooperatively with a positive attitude and work ethic.
- Team player who is willing to help develop the team, processes, and protocols, assist their teammates when they see they need help.
Innovate, develop, and grow within a collaborative environment
Be a part of a growing team embracing work/life balance, Caring, Curious and Cheerful, changing the way shipping is doneAdditional Information
We offer competitive pay and full benefits package including vacation and personal time off days, RRSP, Profit Sharing Bonus and lots of perks!
As a federally regulated employer, Chit Chats Express fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
This is a hybrid role and we are open to remote hires within Vancouver, Canada only.Please provide a website or work sample when applying.