Are you an energetic, personable, and resourceful person who has a genuine desire to help others?
Do you have superior interpersonal skills and excel in a fast-paced, challenging work environment?
Does working as part of a large dynamic aquatics team, while building positive relationships appeal to you?
Are you seeking a role where you can be responsible for the safety of others, while demonstrating the Y's core values of caring, respect, responsibility, honesty and inclusiveness?
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
- Delivering exceptional swim lessons
- Performing on-deck lifeguarding
- Work as part of a staff/volunteer team, ensuring a welcoming environment and excellent customer service
- Maintain a safe working environment
We'd love to hear from people with:
- YMCA Canada Swim Instructor or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard Certification-Pool Option
- National Lifeguard Certification-Waterpark Option (or ability to obtain certification by start date)
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Airway Management and Oxygen Administration (AMOA) Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Commitment to Mission, Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA of Okanagan.
- Service Orientated: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual's YMCA experience. Creates action plans to resolve any service gap areas.
- Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions, listens attentively, and communicates effectively to create an open communication environment. Share information, best practices, and resources with colleagues.
The YMCA's Commitment to Trust, Safety and Equality:
As part of a trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent services and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
- Provide 3 references of a professional in nature (e.g. Employer, Supervisor or Colleague)
- Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork
The YMCA of Okanagan is is an equity employer and encourages applications from all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our workplace. This includes persons with diverse abilities, persons of colour and ethnicity, Indigenous persons (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit), and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
If your application results in OR you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or religious exemption.
Application deadline: July 8, 2022
Named one of Forbes 2022 Best Employers in Canada