We are National Home Warranty (NHW). We are proud to be one of Western Canada's leading warranty providers! Partnering with more than 3500 registered builders. We provide new home warranty coverage to 15,000 home and homeowners every year! We are a dynamic and fast paced innovative company offering and developing products and services that meet the ever-changing needs of a growing industry!
The Opportunity -
Reporting to the President, this position will supervise and lead our underwriting and producer department. The role is responsible for training and mentoring and ensuring that policies and procedures for the department are adhered to. This position also has responsibility for actively identifying and pursuing new clients and maintaining existing accounts.
A Day in The Life -
• Responsible for the development and ongoing relationship management of accounts to grow market share.
• To act as a mentor for direct reports while also ensuring their continued growth.
• Work with Senior Management on file audits to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Maintain a current understanding of the acts and regulations regarding home warranty.
• Perform risk assessment on incoming new applications and builder renewals.
• Assist in resolving contentious issues with underwriting team and external clients as required.
• Review and make recommendations for policies and procedures for the Home Warranty Underwriting Department as required.
What You Bring to The Team -
• Must have a Level 2 Insurance License.
• 5+ years of underwriting or new construction development related experience.
• 2+ years of people management experience with proven leadership abilities.
• The ability to learn, understand and use information management databases.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Development related courses would be considered an asset.
Why Join NHW?
• An exceptional and welcoming company culture.
• Excellent compensation, benefits, RRSP match and company perks.
• Paid educational training and vast learning opportunities.
• Room for advancement and growth within the organization.
• A company that gives back and is active in the community.
We believe in our people - they are the best in the industry! We encourage and support each other and want to see our people grow. With this, we have implemented many leadership development programs and support career advancement! If you are a lifelong learner looking for an advancing and rewarding career, please read further to see what this job entails.
If this position sounds exciting and you think you would be a great fit, please apply with your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates that are shortlisted will receive contact.
The employment offer is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
National Home Warranty (NHW) is a group of HUB International Insurance. For more Information, please visit our website at www.nationalhomewarranty.com.
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: High school or equivalent