Software Engineer, Web Applications - AI-Based Conversational Banking FinTech (Vancouver)
Join an exciting enterprise SaaS FinTech startup that is using artificial intelligence to change how consumers interact with banks and credit unions.
Finn AI is a rapidly-growing cloud based SaaS company specializing in providing virtual assistants to banks and credit unions to improve service quality, acquire customers and help consumers manage their money. Working with banks across four continents, including some of the world's largest brands, our Conversational Banking product is changing how people interact with banks (i.e., their money).
Leveraging our proprietary AI stack for natural language understanding and the richest banking domain data model with a library of pre-built use cases in the industry, we are uniquely positioned to help banks and credit unions evolve their default experience to a smart virtual personal banker.
To learn more visit www.finn.ai or follow us on LinkedIn.
Finn AI is a market leader in an early and rapidly growing market. Our solution helps consumers 'chat' to their bank, whenever and wherever they want, simplifying the experience, extending service 24/7 and driving efficiency.
We have a strong cohort of customers including ATB Financial, Banpro, Tyme Bank, United FCU, BECU, and more -- alongside partners including Visa, AWS, MX, Q2, Glia, Twilio, and more.
Finn AI is a well-funded series-A startup with a fully agile product development methodology. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our web application development team, to design, develop and operate our award-winning conversational AI applications for the banking industry.
So if you love to work in an agile environment, can take care of business from design to deployment, and want to see your product delight users, you will find yourself right at home here.
- Perform end to end engineering of Finn AI proprietary chatbot and other business applications, from design, development and testing, to deployment and production support.
- Contribute to the technical design and implementation of specific product areas
- Perform code reviews for your peers
- When required, participate in production support, including deployment, training, setting up and incident response in a timely fashion
- Contribute to automation tools to aid development, testing and delivery of customer and product requirements
- Take individual responsibilities to drive timely execution of projects and sprints, including estimates, status updates and reviews
- Strive to be full-stack developers, capable of contributing to backend, frontend, database, configuration, AI, automation and infrastructure
- Uphold the quality of the product or features, including unit test, functional test, integration, performance, security and scalability
- Understand and contribute to company best practices for code quality and velocity
- Participate in architecture design and decisions, communicate significance/impact of a solution with management
- Produce documentation on code, system design, architecture and solutions
- Produce external-facing quality documents on design, user guides and API documentation
- Adhere to company security requirements
- Complete any other related task or responsibility as defined by the Software Engineering Manager
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering, development, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering industry experience, with at least 2 years in a software development role
- Great team player contributing to create good team culture
- Strong experience building frontend applications using React.js or an equivalent modern framework
- Experience with TypeScript, Node.js, Express, and other related technologies
- Experience with Docker, K8s, and AWS
- Strong experience with REST API design and implementation
- Experience with web application security principles and best practices
- Experience in supporting live SaaS production system, with performance and scalability
- Experience in agile methodologies, processes and code repository management
- Experience in good software engineering practices, design patterns and common systems architecture
- Ability to define problems and challenges to address as well as experiments to perform
- Ability to conduct research and analysis, clearly identify and communicate findings and recommendations
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills to document and present your ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with software engineering related technical documentation conventions, formats and terminologies
- Experience with messaging applications, including web and mobile apps, especially creating frontend SDKs for mobile and web applications
- Experience integrating with chatbot and messaging services such as FB, WhatsApp, Twilio
Perks and Benefits Package:
- Work for a remote-first company with an optional downtown office space
- Competitive compensation rates and vacation time
- Stock options in a fast-growing company
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Parental Leave
- Flexible working hours, a collaborative, team-based environment
- Team events and celebrations
We are hiring directly or through personal networks and will not accept recruiter referrals.
*To meet our compliance obligations we require successful candidates to undergo security screenings including a criminal record check before coming on board. We focus strictly on offenses that are directly relevant to employment at Finn AI, and abide by all applicable human rights and privacy legislation.