Queen Margaret's School, due it its continued growth and development is seeking an additional Grade 2 Teacher to join our growing faculty team beginning 2022.
Intermediate Teacher's within QMS are responsible for delivering the core curricula in language arts, social studies, science and math as per the redesigned BC Education Plan for their assigned Grade class.
They are also responsible for home room duties, including regular communication with families and contribution to duties and co-circular activities. Working with specialist teachers, the Intermediate Teacher will collaborate to develop an innovative student-centred learning environment.
For further information about our school and this career opportunity please see our Applicant Information Package Intermediate Teacher Information Pack on our website Career Opportunities
The candidate must possess or be eligible for Teacher certification through the BC Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch.
- Plan and teach engaging and relevant lessons to Intermediate students, adhering to the BC Education Plan and the QMS mission, vision and values
- Create a safe and nurturing classroom
- Use technology in curriculum and reporting (using MyEducationBC student information system and other technology resources provided)
- Evaluate students and report on progress formally (report cards) and informally with families
- Coordinate with specialist teachers and learning support staff as required
- Bring energy, enthusiasm and a love for learning to the classroom
- Attend meetings and school events as required
- Lead co-curricular assignments with enthusiasm
- Model the core values of the school
- Collaborate with peers to support a student-centred learning environment
- Take an active part in all professional development activities, including staff meetings
The following are requirements for this position:
- Graduate of a recognized B.Ed program
- Proof of BC Ministry of Education Teacher Certification
- Experience teaching Intermediate students
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to integrate information technology with core curriculum
- Proven ability to motivate students through meaningful curriculum and inquiry-driven learning
- Experience using project-based learning approaches
- Familiarity with Assessment for Learning practices
- Demonstrated ability to effectively differentiate and be responsible to student needs.
- Experience, sensitivity and awareness of working within a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to embrace the ethos of an independent school and make a commitment to the extensive co-curricular life of an independent school
Applications must include proof of teacher certification and degrees obtained.
All candidates must already be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants, or be otherwise eligible to work in Canada.
Teachers interested in joining Queen Margaret's School community must embrace the ethos of an independent school education, develop positive relationships with all community members, and contribute to a collaborative learning community. Dedicated time for collaborating with a team to design and implement cross-curricular units of study throughout the year is provided.
This posting will close upon appointment so early application is advised.