Are you someone with developing leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a trusted partner and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon's Environmental Sciences
technical group is looking for a Environmental Technologist
to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
At Dillon, we operate as one team. This position is available at our Dillon Richmond
office.ResponsibilitiesWhat your day will look likeField Work and Project Coordination (94%)
Learning and Development (6%)
- Comply with applicable health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Complete environmental field activities including construction environmental monitoring, applying erosion and sediment control practices, performing aquatic salvages (fish and amphibian), monitoring water quality, and conducting pre-construction bird nest sweeps
- Implement Environmental Protection Plans (EPPs) and/or Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMPs)
- Assist in report writing and preparation of technical memos, letters, reports, spreadsheets, and figures
- Data entry/management
- Liaise with clients, regulators, and contractors
- Contribute technical skills (both office and field related) on a variety of multidisciplinary projects and working collaboratively with teams (including assistance to geoscientists, planners, engineers, technical support staff, etc.) across the company
- Ability to travel and conduct work in urban and remote locations within Canada
QualificationsWhat you will need to succeed
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- Contribute to Dillon's corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- A diploma in environmental technology or natural sciences
- Eligible to register (or is already registered) through a recognized professional association (e.g., College of Applied Biology, BC Institute of Apologists)
- 2 years of related professional experience preferred
Why choose Dillon
- Experience in the identification of BC flora and fauna
- Knowledge of construction site erosion and sediment control measures and Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Understanding of applicable environmental legislation, regulations, and policies including knowledge of federal and provincial BMPs for the protection of aquatic life
- Valid Class 5 driver's license and access to a personal motor vehicle
- Committed to a culture of quality including keen attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it's hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to offer a variety of flexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
- Early Career Development (ECD) program
- We are committed to developing the skills and knowledge of our people at every stage of their career. The ECD program is designed to accelerate the development of successful consulting careers of new graduates. The program focuses on a mix of skills and behaviours that align with technical, consulting, clients, business acumen, and early leadership.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today's problems and tomorrow's opportunities.
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees.
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
for the past 16 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
We encourage you to connect with us at [email protected]
if you require accommodation in the interview process.
We would love to hear from you!