WHO WE ARE
Ecora is an Engineering, Environment, and Natural Resource Consulting Company. We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community, and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking to do what you love at a dynamic and Innovative consulting firm? We are looking for an Intermediate Civil Design and Drafting Technician to join our team at our either our Chilliwack or Surrey location on a permanent full-time basis.
• Design and drafting for a variety of infrastructure improvement projects including residential land development, commercial/institutional sites, stormwater management, roads, and highways utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D in projects from concept to completion.
• Preparation of base drawings and record drawings.
• Researching relevant bylaws, codes, and standards, and applying them to the design.
• Assist in the preparation of specifications and reports.
• Daily reporting and participation in design and team meetings.
• Assisting with other duties as required from time to time.
• A minimum of a Civil Engineering Technology Diploma with at least 3 years related work experience.
• Strong knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other related civil design software is a must.
• Thorough understanding of civil design principles including the ability to read and understand technical civil design drawings and specifications.
• A strong desire to gain experience in the Civil Industry, with a focus on infrastructure projects.
• Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem-solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision or collaboratively as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willingness to travel to project sites, possibly including extended assignments as required (negotiable).
• Valid Class 5 driver's license (or equivalent) and access to a vehicle.
• A safety-oriented attitude with a strong work ethic and desire to excel and achieve.
• Legally eligible to work in Canada.
NICE TO HAVES
• Experience with surveying, field reviews, and field data collection.
• Working experience in computer modeling of storm water, wastewater, and water systems.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
• Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada.
• Competitive salary.
• Paid annual vacation and sick days.
• Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution.
• Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
• Group RRSP matching program.
• Opportunities for professional growth and development.
• Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission. Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply:
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.