WHO WE ARE
Ecora is an Engineering, Environment, and Natural Resource Consulting Company.
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community, and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking to do what you love at a dynamic and Innovative consulting firm? We are looking for a Junior Civil Engineer or EIT to join our team at our either our Chilliwack or Surrey location on a permanent full-time basis.
• Assist with the engineering design of residential land development, municipal infrastructure, and their supporting elements.
• Researching relevant bylaws, codes, and standards, and applying them to the design.
• Assist in the preparation of engineering studies, specifications, and reports.
• Design and drafting support for a variety of infrastructure improvement projects including residential land development, commercial/institutional sites, stormwater management, roads, and highways utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Travel to project sites, conducting field reviews, surveying, and field data collection.
• Daily reporting and participation in design and team meetings.
• Assisting with other duties as required from time to time.
• A Civil Engineering degree from a recognized university.
• At least 2 years of relevant, Canadian experience.
• Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia.
• The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and have exceptional organization skills.
• Valid Class 5 driver's license (or equivalent) and access to a vehicle.
• A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills along with exceptional time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
• Experience with land development and municipal infrastructure improvement projects.
• An advanced ability and knowledge in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Knowledge of hydraulic modeling software packages such as EPANET and SWMM.
• Experience with water & wastewater treatment processes, piping systems, and pumping systems.
• Familiarity with environmental permitting, legislation and regulations including the RAPR.
• Familiarity with the MMCD and local codes and standards.
• Familiarity with relevant EGBC Professional Practice Guidelines.
• Strong technical writing skills for design reports and proposals.
• Project management experience.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
• Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada.
• Competitive salary.
• Paid annual vacation and sick days.
• Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution.
• Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
• Group RRSP matching program.
• Opportunities for professional growth and development.
• Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission. Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.