We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Job Summary:
Based in Whistler and reporting in to the Director of Communications - West Region, the Senior Manager of Communications role is responsible for the Pacific Northwest region, including Whistler Blackcomb and Stevens Pass in Washington. This communications professional will be equally experienced at driving strategic storytelling using a range of mediums for the region, navigating crises and managing multiple stakeholders effectively and professionally.
Overseeing a team of four communications and content/social media professionals, the Senior Manager will be responsible for all external communications efforts for the resorts, including media relations, media hosting, issues management, strategic messaging with resort and community relations stakeholders, social media, content capture, and storytelling. This person may also act as a spokesperson on behalf of the resorts within the Pacific Northwest region.
The Senior Manager will need to excel in working with geographically disperse teammates, managing a complex network of stakeholders, leading creative + proactive storytelling initiatives/efforts, and juggling a variety of business-critical work streams. Job Responsibilities:
- Act as spokesperson for Pacific Northwest region and its resorts, as needed.
- Manage external communications for the resorts, including crisis and issues management, mitigating and minimizing risk.
- Develop a strategic and proactive communications and media relations plan to promote the resorts with guests and secure high-funnel and targeted media coverage.
- Develop and execute thoughtful and impactful media relations strategies.
- Assess, manage and execute the hosting of media and social media influencers at the resorts, including creating itineraries, ideating story angles and pitches, hosting on the ground, and creating media moments to secure earned coverage.
- Develop media tools including press releases, fact sheets, talking points, scripts, coverage tracking and other.
- Build and maintain critical relationships with and serve as the key communications resource for the resorts' GM/COOs and Senior Leadership Teams (as appropriate), and develop strategic messaging that supports their goals internally and externally.
- Utilize strong storytelling skills to bring the resort brand to life across a variety of platforms and mediums.
- Be out front in managing issues and meeting needs of various stakeholders.
- Oversee all resort social media channels, leading a team to build out a content production calendar, capture and share authentic and engaging content with guests, and lead effective community management of social channels.
- Manage external contractor relationships, contracts, and work product.
- Manage resort communications budgets.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders across the region.
- Lead Pacific Northwest Comms Team in creating a positive, proactive working environment across geographic locations.
- Work closely with both the West Region and the full Vail Resorts Communications teams to ensure brilliant execution of the corporate and regional strategies.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Journalism, Communications, PR or Marketing
- 7+ years of experience in an external communications or PR role
- On-site presence required at Whistler Blackcomb, most importantly during the ski and ride season
- Strong leader and manager with a drive to develop talent
- Excellent writer able to draft nuanced communications on a variety of topics
- Builds on strategic and innovative thoughts/ideas
- Can seamlessly execute on multiple overlapping projects at once
- Self-starter who can adapt to change and effectively navigate through ambiguity; decides and acts without having the picture totally defined; appropriately changes strategy in response to new information
- Drives for results - makes things happen and conveys a sense of urgency
Whistler Blackcomb's Mission Statement is "Experience of a Lifetime"
- Experience with all forms of external communications channels, especially news media and social media
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including ability to work with people from various cultures and areas of the business; builds and maintains highly effective working relationships internally and externally
- Team player - strives for collective success
- Light travel may be required
Love what you do! Because that's what we're all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don't miss the chance to work and play in BC's winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you've got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 443603