DescriptionThe following job posting and assessment questions were crafted by Kiinago Biinoogi Muskiiki ('Our Children's Medicine' in English) in consultation with Indigenous Elders, Knowledge Keepers and other members of the community. Applications housed on this platform provide a unique opportunity for First Nations, Métis and Inuit job seekers to have the option of sharing their whole selves with potential employers, including their lived experience and transferable skills. For more information, visit ourchildrensmedicine.caFirst Nations, Metis, and Inuit jobseekers, do you have a talent for understanding customer needs? Are you able to build meaningful, impactful relationships with your customers? Are you a problem-solver? Do you want to work from home anywhere in Canada?
We're looking for you to join our team as a remote Customer Care Representative!
As a Customer Care Rep, you'll get to interact directly with customers to understand their needs, troubleshoot issues, answer product and banking inquiries, resolve issues, perform account maintenance, and deliver a seamless customer experience across different channels of communication. As an integral member of our Digital Banking team, you'll collaborate daily with our Digital Operations, IT Operations, Global Security and Marketing teams!Some more of your day-to-day activities include:
- Deliver exceptional customer service to your customers by identifying their banking needs and provide accurate information and guidance on our suite of products and offerings
- Field inbound calls and chats and ensure deliverance of high service standards, while meeting our response and resolution service-level agreements
- Champion our digital-onboarding experience and help your customers onboard successfully, resolve any potential issues, and communicate status to our stakeholders involved in a timely manner
- Strive to resolve customer issues and questions at first-contact, and escalate issues in accordance to our complaint handling process
- Effectively inform customers and propagate our core values of Respect, Agility, Integrity, Service, and Empowerment to build lasting customer relationships
- Accomplish established controls to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, Equitable and EQ Bank policies, and Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Identify, recommend and participate in implementation of opportunities for continuous improvement relative to customer experience and product delivery
Your training period will last 4 weeks, and will be from 9:00am - 5:00pm EST. After your initial training period, the 3 main shifts you will be working are 8am - 4:00pm EST, 12:00pm - 8:00pm EST, and 4:00pm - 12:00am EST with a range of staggered start times in-between. Your shifts will be assigned as per the bank's needs. Some shifts will be evening shifts and weekend shifts.Apply on HigherMe today and one of our recruiters will get back to you as soon as we can!What we offer:
- Competitive discretionary bonus
- Market leading RRSP match program
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Maternity/Parental top-up while you care for your little one
- Generous vacation policy, personal days and even a moving day
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow colleagues
- Annual professional development allowance and a comprehensive Career Development program
- A fulfilling opportunity to join one of the top FinTechs and help create a new kind of banking experience
Equitable Group Inc. trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: EQB and EQB.PR.C) and serves a growing number of Canadians through Equitable Bank, Canada's Challenger Bank™. Equitable Bank has grown to become the country's eighth largest independent Schedule I bank with a clear mandate to drive real change in Canadian banking to enrich people's lives. Founded over 50 years ago, Equitable Bank provides diversified personal and commercial banking and through its EQ Bank platform has been named #1 Bank in Canada on the Forbes World's Best Banks 2021 and 2022 lists. EQ Bank provides state-of-the-art digital banking services, like the Savings Plus Account that reimagines banking by offering an everyday high interest rate, plus the flexibility of a chequing account, as well as a wide range of smart banking solutions for Canadians, like fast international money transfers, US dollar accounts and a suite of registered products.
Equitable Bank is deeply committed to inclusion. Our organization is stronger and our employees thrive when we honour and celebrate everyone's diverse experiences and perspectives. In tandem with that commitment, we support and encourage our staff to grow not just in their career path, but personally as well.
We commit to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment for all applicants. Please let us know of any accommodations needed so that you can bring your best self to the application process and beyond. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.Requirements
- Self-Identify as First Nations, Metis, or Inuit
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- No prior experience necessary; we will train you!
- Able to problem-solving using creative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Able to resolve customer problems/issues while maintaining a professional and proactive manner
- Able to work independently with little supervision and collaboratively within a team
- Able to effectively communicate with people from all walks of life
Equitable Bank is Canada's challenger bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. We don't have branches or cheques or paper statements - we put our money into simple, well-valued products instead. Equitable has >900 employees and $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016 we launched a digital arm called EQ Bank, which now has >85,000 customers. We have all the trust, stability, and respect of a Schedule I bank, the desire to make a difference, and the agility to make it happen.