What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!As a Senior Software Endginee
r on the Concur Travel Tripstore & E-Receipts team, you will be taking the Concur Travel solution to the next level: scaling the architecture while building new, elastically scalable microservices. Our Travel Tripstore team develops and operates backend api services responsible for shop and book trip data and e-receipt processing at scale. This serves as a hub for numerous travel workflows across Concur Travel & Expense services, as well as a public API for our integration partners.Who you are
What you'll do
- Determined to make software systems work, to build cloud services in a service mesh architecture using Go, Kotlin, Java, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Driven to own services end-to-end, including developing code, writing test and deployment automation, and troubleshooting and resolving production problems
- Seeking to improve your technical, architecture, leadership, presentation, and teamwork skills
- Curious to learn and understand the root cause of each problem
What you'll bring
- Lead the design and delivery of new features with product management and the development team
- Design and write services in Go, Kotlin, Java, C#, and deploy using Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, and AMI-based pipelines
- Own cloud services end to end, designing distributed systems, and architecting using AWS services and best practices
- Execute with an enterprise cloud mindset to deliver on security, compliance, and infrastructure initiatives with engineering program management (FedRAMP, PCI, SOC1, SOC2, and more)
- Write and implement cross-team engineering proposals with or as part of the area principals group led by the CTO
- Expertise in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience running critical production services in hyperscaler cloud infrastracture
- Experience architecting distributed systems with AWS services and best practices
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with security in mind
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security: packet/LAN sniffers, XSS, CSRF, encryption, HTTPS, SMTP/POP, DNS, etc.
- Advanced debugging skills and tools: ability to isolate memory leaks, memory corruptions, and deadlocks; some experience with a code profiler
- Advanced software development skills: process/thread synchronization and management, C/C++
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
is the world's leading provider of integrated travel, expense, and invoice management solutions, driven by a relentless pursuit to simplify and automate these everyday processes. With SAP Concur, a top-rated app that guides employees through every trip, charges are effortlessly populated into expense reports, and invoice approvals are automated. By integrating near real-time data and using AI to audit 100% of transactions, businesses can see exactly what they're spending without worrying about blind spots in the budget. SAP Concur eliminates yesterday's tedious tasks, makes today's work easier, and helps businesses run at their best every day.
#LI-HybridWe are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected]
or [email protected]
, APJ: [email protected]
, EMEA: [email protected]
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 322538 Work Area: Software-Design and Development Expected Travel: 0 - 10% Career Status: Professional Employment Type: Regular Full Time Additional Locations:
Requisition ID: 322538
Posted Date: May 27, 2022
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9