We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcombAs of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate our core values: Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, and Have Fun!
- This position is a vital resource for the Maintenance Division overall and will provide support to the Maintenance Planning Manager in the day to day activities related to planned maintenance/procedures for the Lift Maintenance Department.
- Management of planned maintenance, preventative maintenance, and reactive maintenance work backlogs.
- Assisting with failure analysis & downtime analysis of breakdowns/stops to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Administer computerized maintenance management system.
- Compiling and updating PM descriptions & schedules for lift facilities & equipment.
- Administer work request system.
- Manage supply orders and stage parts for repairs, PM's, and project work.
- Initiate work orders including estimates for labour, materials & downtime when needed.
- Update equipment records and files (including safety regulations/procedures).
- Evaluate/report on services provided to internal customers to ensure a positive relationship with the Maintenance Division.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- B.C. Trade Qualification (relevant to Lift Maintenance) or equivalent knowledge & experience.
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code, CSA-Z98 regulations, BC Safety Standards Act (specifically related to Elevating Devices safety regulation), and WCB regulations.
- Understand commonly accepted repair procedures for Lift Maintenance
- Able to read blueprints & structural drawings.
- Be able to reference manufacturers' manuals and drawings
- Able to interpret mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and structural schematics.
- Familiar with mechanical and electrical equipment, components and parts that make up lift systems
- Basic computer knowledge of spreadsheet & word processing applications (MS Office experience preferred).
- Understand & promote the Planned/Preventative Maintenance process.
- Able to communicate effectively (written & verbal) with Trades, leadership, and internal clients.
- Work well independently & as part of a team.
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of Whistler Blackcomb mountain operations (preferred).
- Familiarity with CMMS / EAM programs an asset.
- Must posses a valid B.C. driver's license and provide a current Driver's Abstract.
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Knowledge of SAP, PeopleSoft, Coupa, OnBase is an asset.
Whistler Blackcomb's Mission Statement is "Experience of a Lifetime"
- Weight Lifted - At least 50lbs
- Lifting Frequency - Some of the time
- Standing Frequency - Frequent
- Walking Frequency - Frequent
- Reaching - Some of the time
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl - Some of the time
- Skiing/riding ability - Intermediate level or higher
Love what you do! Because that's what we're all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don't miss the chance to work and play in BC's winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you've got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 437967