Asset Optimization Advisor
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Be a part of an organization that is safety-driven and values inclusion
- Great opportunity to join a dynamic team and contribute to the success of the operation
- Discover a new lifestyle; the role is based in the beautiful and outdoor-oriented community of Kitimat, BC
We are looking for an Asset Optimization Advisor to create and manage the site master schedule and advise on asset reliability improvements. They are responsible for complying with Rio Tinto processes for delivering technical information and recommendations for asset reliability and shutdown activities.
The role is a great opportunity for a strategic and team-oriented individual to drive positive change within asset management and reliability across the site.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry's best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Asset Planning Superintendent and working a Monday to Friday schedule, you will be:
What you'll bring
- Working in accordance with Rio Tinto Safety Standards
- Developing maintenance long-term strategies to address asset health
- Creating and sharing reports with Asset Management team on status for AIA and Archer risks
- Managing ACRA and continuously updating the Master Schedule
- Providing asset reliability Key Performance Indicators
- Recommending system and design changes to improve the processes
- Participating in area defect elimination meetings, where you will be advising and supporting on improvements to plant processes and procedures
- Conducting yearly asset criticality assessments and supporting in asset management planning for critical assets
- Applying shutdown management best practices.
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Engineering field
- At least five years' experience in Asset Management
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- An advanced understanding of Maintenance Work Management and Asset Management processes
- A valid Driver's License (Class 7 Minimum)
It will also be beneficial if you have
What we offer
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Microsoft Project
Part of a high performing and engaged team operating some of the best reduction technology in the world:
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Generous vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave benefits
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Domestic relocation assistance
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers - generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium - the world's first to be certified "responsible" - helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you'll be working
Rio Tinto's BC Works is a part of the Atlantic Operations of the Aluminium product group and has been operating in British Columbia for over 65 years. With industry leading new technology and four generations of employee expertise, as well as our hydropower facility at Kemano and the Nechako Reservoir, the Kitimat smelter is one of the world's most competitive aluminium smelters, producing aluminium with one of the lowest carbon footprints in the industry.
Rio Tinto is proud to operate in BC alongside our 1,000 employees, partners, community stakeholders and First Nations, and we look forward to the next 60 years.
To learn more about our Aluminium Operations, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=CTp1jkRKeBIEvery Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close: July 6, 2022
(Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)