A Technician is responsible for the set up and operation of basic / small-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager, Operations Director or Director, Event Technology.Key Job Responsibilities Equipment Operation
- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
- Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
- Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
- Works with clients to finalize invoices.
- Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
- High School Diploma required. Associate's degree is preferred.
- 1 year of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent in educational environment is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required for team members that may operate Company vehicles.
- Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
- Safety Conscious
- Action Oriented
- Tech Savvy
- Ensures Accountability
Following Health Canada's guidance and other applicable provincial public health guidance, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Encore is requiring that all employment candidates who attend at its Canadian offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are exempt from vaccination for a legally-protected reason and show proof of said exemption.