Company DescriptionGrow your career with a company that shares your passion!
Our Healthcare Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as our next General Manager/Food Service Manager
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada! Job DescriptionHow You'll Make an Impact:
QualificationsWhat You'll Need to Succeed:
- Supervise staff and overall operations of the dietary department ensuring workflows are efficient and all standards are met including Public Health, Ministry of Health and LTC and Ecosure.
- Provide direct supervision in the kitchen and dining rooms daily in order to monitor processes and resident satisfaction.
- Manage staffing functions including training, education and development of front line and supervisory employees.
- Provide coaching, performance management and discipline as required.
- Schedule to determine appropriate staffing levels to maintain level of service and efficiency according to the collective agreement.
- Participate in company and stakeholder meetings including JHSC, leadership calls and labour management.
- Perform inventory and complete month end reports
- Report new processes, improvements and innovative ideas to the company and client.
- Participate in maintenance and submissions of reports and records as required for Ministry or other stakeholders.
- Plan, execute and maintain annual fiscal budgetary expectations.
- Coordinate dietary activities with other departments within the facility in order to create efficiencies, reduce costs etc.
- Prepare cyclical menu plans adhering to necessary guidelines and standards keeping in mind inputs of clients and residents through attendance at resident food committee meetings.
- Maintain residents nutritional care plan.
- Report all vital information to the General Manager Support Services
Additional Information What Makes Sodexo Different
- Successful completion of the Food and Nutrition Management Program from a recognized institution
- Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM) and Advance Food Safety Certification required
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in food service management
- 4 years supervisory or leadership experience
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience managing in a unionized environment, preferably within long term care
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2019
- Canada's Best Employers by Forbes 2019
- Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs