At Schneider Electric, we envision a world where most homes around the world are fully electric, way more intelligent, and instead of contributing to climate change - are helping fix it!
We mean 100% clean solar power saving you money and seamlessly protecting you from blackouts. Adding intelligence to every outlet, appliance and light socket in your home with clever algorithms that automatically fine-tune your energy usage. Toggle off the stove if you're not sure you left it on, put your home in "low power mode" and leave on only the essentials to save you money or help you ride through an outage. Charge your EV only from your solar panels or when the grid is greenest. Even power your home from your car!
We are building out a portfolio of home energy products including solar inverters, home batteries, EV chargers, smart electrical panels, connected outlets and smart lighting solutions that work together to make revolutionary new things possible at home. All from our app!
Come join the team that's bringing us into a new era of sustainable and intelligent homes.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCguiKomro2Ya2jsaN0Y60NwWe are currently seeking several Software Development Engineers in Test to join the Software team based in Richmond, BC.
In this role you will be a part of a talented Agile team of embedded software engineers working collaboratively to develop communication interface and controls software for our range of cloud connected inverter products, and accessories. This position will be responsible to test and verify embedded software, and to automate that testing in order to have increased coverage and quality.
We are looking for positive, self-assured, and motivated people with a strong desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced, team based collaborative design environment to help us develop next generation technologies to empower and connect our products to each other, and to our customers.What will you do?
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Work closely within a team of embedded software, firmware, and system engineers to implement specified test functionality.
- Depending on experience: design and develop production-quality Python automation frameworks and shared libraries from scratch.
- Create and/or maintain an automated testing platform built on Python/Gherkin/Jenkins/Jira with a BDD methodology.
- Write and execute automated software tests against embedded software communication and control features.
- Troubleshoot firmware based on test results and reproduce issues for development engineers.
- Set up and/or maintain test automation environments comprising PCs, inverters, data loggers, Hardware in the Loop (HIL), AC and DC sources and loads, and Python libraries.
- Set up and/or maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Follow established development guidelines and standards and make recommendations for improvements.
- Promote and embrace the Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Provide training, mentorship and support to others on the team.
- Document the automation framework and infrastructure.
- Enter software bug reports and verify their fixes.
What's in it for me?
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
- Experience working in software QA environment.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience with automation development.
- Proficient to expert with Python in test automation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willingness to participate in meetings.
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Gerrit code collaboration tool.
- digital communication interfaces such as Ethernet, WiFi, USB, CANbus, RS485.
- designing and writing tests to validate applications running within an RTOS and/or embedded POSIX compliant OS.
- continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins.
- containerization such as Docker.
- knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, lucrative group pension plan, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/ca/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.