Warehouse Associate req91898
We are looking for a experienced warehouse staff to work at our warehouse handling perishable products, located in Vancouver. Multiple roles open to part-time employees with various shift timings: (Hours : 6am-3pm or 12-9pm.)
The warehouse staff is expected to ensure the accuracy of the supply chain process .
• Assist in maintaining all warehouse equipment;
• Assist in ensuring general cleanliness of warehouse including sweeping floors and using powered floor washer;
• Tender and pick up freight from various air carrier warehouses using forklifts or tractors (only with class 7 or class 5 driver's
• Assist in packaging shipments in coolers, temp ranges from -2C to +10 C;
• Perform other material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking;
• Fill, scan, organize the required documentation;
• Perform other activities, such as opening containers and crates in coolers, and filling warehouse orders;
• Operate loading devices (forklift and manual pump jack) to load and unload materials onto and off trucks, from loading docks in coolers (only with class 7 or class 5 drivers' license). Necessary training will be provided;
• Additional duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Company.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
Previous warehouse (shipping and receiving) and forkliftexperience considered an asset.
A valid driver's license is a must for this role.
• Reliable and punctual;
• Team player with good communication skills
• Fluent in English (verbal & written)
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to perform heavy lifting (minimum 50 lbs)
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing environments
• Ability to work late nights and weekends
This job is not eligible for international relocation support or work permit sponsorship.
Kuehne+Nagel Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 78000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.