Caring For Your Family, One Paw At A Time
Family. To the team here at Juan De Fuca
it's the top priority. To us, it means having the freedom to be true to yourself and your passion for helping animals. It means collaboration and support; it's about acceptance, respect and caring. We love what we do and we love coming to work every day. (Ok, MOST days. We're all just human after all!)
We offer a progressive practice and a top-notch staff of Drs. and techs with a mix of experience and wealth of knowledge. We talk to each other, share cases, collaborate and offer support. Work/life balance is a priority - no on-calls or after-hour requirements. Our hospital is fully equipped - ultrasound, digital radiography etc. We encourage personal and professional growth.
Currently, we are looking for a DVM to work part-time: Thursday, Friday and Saturdays
. We offer a great compensation package and benefits. Culture and fit is our top priority -- if you are "the one" a.k.a - the right candidate, we are willing to discuss options for signing bonus, if needed relocation allowance and potential for full-time.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional service to our clients and patients. Job Responsibilities
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns.
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
About the Area
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in British Columbia or ability to obtain.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
We have it all - city or country - we have so many options to enjoy nature! You can zip to the mountains, beaches, lakes and trails within minutes. If you want great restaurants, night life and social scene - the city is just 15 minutes away. Big City? Ferry ride is all it takes - you can be in Vancouver or Seattle in a few hours!