VCA Canada Highlands Animal Hospital
is seeking an experienced Client Service Representative
to join our team.
At VCA Animal Hospitals, we take our mission statement - your pet's health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal - very seriously. With every opportunity, we aim to exceed each pet owner's expectations. We're looking for a personable yet highly professional "service extraordinaire" to join us in delivering our mission to our clients and their pets.
Schedule will be:
Fridays 10-6:30pmWhy We Need You
As the face of VCA, the Client Service Representative sets the tone for the practice as we build and maintain each customer's trust and confidence in our abilities. The CSR is the pivot around which the hospital operates and is responsible for:
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms.
• Scheduling and confirming appointments.
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients.
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments.
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions.
• Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care (i.e., heartworm prevention, housebreaking, and flea & tick control).
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence.
• Hospital maintenance (including removal of animal waste) and ensuring that facility is neat and clean at all times-both inside and outside.What VCA Canada Offers
At our core are our people - people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures including vacation, membership fees, licencing fees, moving as well as generous CE allowances
- AHAA accredited - Veterinary Excellence Culture!
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Benefits including medical/dental, life and disability for eligible employees
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- Professional dues, including licensing fees and monthly VIN membership
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals
- And more!
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email [email protected]
or select Apply Now!
VCA is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance please let us know.If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Canada is Canada's largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people - people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we provide career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
Benefits: Additionally, we offer a generous compensation package including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, employee discounts, CE, and more.