Junior Business Analyst
Vancouver, British Columbia, CanadaYou See The Matrix:
You've proved yourself to be a brilliant business analyst. You're excellent at interpreting data. Your reports are accurate and actionable. You've got solid experience in both Business Operations & e-commerce. If that sounds like you, and you've got better Python skills than a Moroccan snake charmer - we've got a cracking opportunity to join our business team. Here are some of the things you'll be doing every day...
- Pouring over data - so you'll need to be a master of Python or R.
- Creating actionable reports - we're a data-driven organization, so we'll appreciate you being a stickler for accuracy.
- Working with data visualization tools like Google Data Studio, PowerBi, Tableau, Spreadsheets.
- Using your problem-solving skills to help decrease our bounce rate and increase our conversion rate.
- Keeping a watchful eye over our security and data compliance processes - your teammates will appreciate you staying on top of this without being asked.
- Monitoring and reporting on key metrics and following through on your findings - we'll love it when you find actionable items that will help us make better decisions.
In other words - you'll be the x-ray eyes of our company. Using your analytical know-how to help us make better business decisions than we did yesterday. What Will You Earn?
Let's agree on salary and vacation once we know what you offer, but our goal is to pay above the market rate for your unique skills.Other Goodies
How To Apply
- Annual team trip (most recently, Los Cabos, Mexico!) which you are eligible for after one year of employment. This amounts to another week of paid vacation, plus we cover hotel, food, flights and entertainment.
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- Monthly team events and activities
- Flexible Stat Holidays with the option to bank days for later use
- Weekly team lunches
- Casual dress code
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. Please, read carefully:1. Write a cover letter addressing:
Why you're the best Junior Business Analyst
for this role? Give quantifiable examples of related achievements. Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1deCCJZ6tiDiOSlr_W0UdCuM_V_ahzPBs/view What's the toughest challenge you've ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it? What are the last three books you've read? What do you do for fun? 2. Explain what you're doing now for a job:
If you don't have one, explain why. If you have one, explain why you're looking elsewhere. 3. Upload your cover letter and resume:
Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it's our way of selecting the best--and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.Click the "Apply Now" button on this page and upload your cover letter and resume.***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume in one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be read!
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.