Ocean Spray is committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where all individuals thrive as their authentic selves. Our different backgrounds, experiences and ways of thinking inspire us to be exceptional. Be collaborative. Be innovators. We believe that our team members are our best asset and we offer an environment where you can work with passionate and collaborative teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
Ocean Spray of Canada is hiring. We have General Labor positions available on our Tote Repair team at our Richmond Receiving Station.
The positions may include working outdoors, indoors or a combination of both. The hours are typically Monday to Friday, 7 am - 3:30 pm.
During the cranberry harvest (September - November) all positions may be required to work extended hours, including weekends, in order to meet deadlines based on the needs of the business. Overtime is paid after 8 hrs. The start and end times, during harvest will vary on a day-to-day basis. Start date: March 01, 2021 Positions Available:
Tote Repair Salary: $18.52 per hour Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizing carpentry skills in the process of repairing plywood bins for the cranberry harvest
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds (lbs.) frequently
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- Learn and work in a fast-paced production environment
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Adhere to good manufacturing, safety and environmental practices
- Work independently or as a part of the team to accomplish work
- Work inside or outside in various weather conditions
- Experience with carpentry and tools
- Forklift certification and experience is an asset
- Have the ability to work in a team environment, follow instructions, and keep accurate records
- Prior experience in a food processing facility is an asset
- Must be willing and available to workday shifts as well as overtime during the harvest season
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Use of Biometrics for time reporting/clocking in and out is required
- Must provide and wear steel toed work boots
- Free parking available on site
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.