Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.Overview
The Event Manager
will manage every aspect of their assigned events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event; hire, train, schedule and supervise all event staff; oversee building security and interact with local public safety officials to ensure events run smoothly; coordinate communication between event staff/security and delegate assignments; be responsible for and ensure overall customer and lessee satisfaction and experience.Responsibilities
- Assist internal and external clients with event logistics and suggest the most effective ways to use the facility for specific types of functions all while following guidelines of contracts.
- Provide leadership, guidance and training for event personnel.
- Develop and control event budgets including preparing pre-show event estimates. Work with the Director of Finance to settle events.
- Deliver timely and accurate event information to the finance department for settlement/invoicing
- Coordinate event seating layouts using AutoCAD software
- Coordinate any rental gear/equipment necessary for events
- Distribute event datasheets and communicate all event information to the appropriate departments in a timely manner
- Preview emergency planning procedures with event staff for each event.
- Act as facility manager on duty as required
- Conduct full building checks prior to and during events
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives
- Research, reviews, and recommends equipment, materials and supplies required in providing event services and planning.
- Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with patrons and staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all tenant teams, employees, municipal officials, and service contractors
- Prepares annual budget and reviews/updates monthly financial data for department.
- Prepares reports of monthly event activities for submission to the General Manager.
- Facilitate event load-ins and loadouts that are typically early in the mornings and/or late into the evenings
- Coordinate service needs with Food & Beverage provider & make hospitality arrangements as needed
- Interacts with other facility staff in a courteous, cooperative, and professional manner
- Communicates in a timely fashion any/all problems and proposed solutions to management team and General Manager.
- Prepare and approve bi-weekly payroll for all event and security staff
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics/production elements of events including crowd management, fire and public safety, provincial regulations, food services practices, and audio/video/lighting equipment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended number of consecutive days
- Excellent verbal and written skills needed.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs; experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast-paced high-pressure environment with strong attention to detail and organization
- Strong management, motivational and organizational skills
- Exercise discretion and utilize independent decision-making during events that best represents the Ovintiv Events Centre and the client
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, climb stairs and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
Please send resume and cover letter attention Dustin Bodnaryk, General Manager to [email protected]Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.Vaccination Statement
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.EEO
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis ("protected class") including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.