18714 A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you. The Headlines:
In the Seasonal Operator Role
supporting our Fraser Valley Brewery (Chilliwack)
, you will be part of the Brewing/Supply Chain Team. In this role, Operators will be responsible for processes in their assigned department or area, ensuring the safety, quality, and production goals are met. Tasks may include maintaining and troubleshooting equipment, managing processes through computer programs, cleaning and sanitizing equipment and more. From Grains Receiving to Bright Beer Cellar, and from Bright Beer to finished Product, the operator will also assist in improvement efforts, assisting in the implementation of new standards to meet our continuous improvement goals.
This position is part of a unionized bargaining unit, represented by the SEIU Local 2 Branch Local 300.
As a seasonal employee, you will work rotating shifts Monday through Friday (one week spent on each shift) and may require overtime including weekends. You will be paid $26.11 an hour. You will be eligible for assignment throughout the year, based on production needs and seniority. The Responsibilities:
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- Compliance with all Quality and Safety principles and procedures (PPE, FIFO, etc.)
- Running equipment, managing processes, and ensuring production goals are met
- Housekeeping and cleanliness of work areas
- Must be willing to accept any necessary training to fulfill work duties
- Any other duties as directed by the team leader
The Other Qualifications:
- Participation in our Collective Agreement
- Hourly Rate of $26.11
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- You will only be offered dental insurance; there is no medical insurance/healthcare provided
- High School Diploma Required
- 2 - 4 years' experience in Food and Beverage Industry; experience in a brewing environment is preferred
- Experience in sanitation and with related cleaning tools
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Comfortable working in cold and warm environments
- Has an understanding of the importance of Safety and Quality as the highest priority
- Has a continuous improvement mindset
- Effectively communicates with teams and other shifts through logbooks and daily handover meetings
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.