ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED ADMINISTRATOR? ARE YOU INTERESSTED IN THE MANUFACTURING AND CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS INDUSTRY? APPLY TODAY! $26 + per hour
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world's largest building materials companies.
This position reports to the Greater Vancouver Concrete Operations Manager - East, and is located in Langley, BC. This position is responsible for overseeing fleet administrative compliance with the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Act and National Safety Code guidelines. Additionally, this position is responsible for monitoring / ordering / shipping / receiving parts, managing inventory, issuing parts and repairs purchase orders and reconciliation of same, tracking shop repair & maintenance expenditures, maintaining the Trimble Fleet Maintenance database, completing work orders, and cost tracking.
What you'll get to do:
- Maintain fleet and driver records in compliance with the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Act and National Safety Code.
- Process Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR)
- Maintain TMT digital vehicle database
- Issue purchase orders and order parts and consumables
- Work with vendors to resolve issues with parts and warranty claims
- Maintain parts room inventory, and stocking of parts (will involve infrequent medium physical duty)
- Tracking spending and reconcile invoices with purchase orders, following up with vendor on any discrepancies
- Track and post maintenance records to the TMT (Trimble Fleet Maintenance) system
- Provide administrative support for two facilities
- Follow all safe work procedures and policies to ensure an incident-free work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Experience and Skills :
- Experience with Trimble Fleet Maintenance software, or experience with alternate computerized maintenance management systems preferred
- Experience with Heavy Duty Equipment - parts knowledge preferred
- Vendor relationship and management experience preferred
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Must have strong organizational skills, able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Experience with National Safety Code administrative requirements preferred but not required
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, in particular Excel and Word, ability to learn new programs quickly
- Accounting and budget management experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work in varied work environment, from shop parts room to office setting
- Must be able to meet physical job requirements - which will include but not be limited to standing, walking, using stairs, carrying and or lifting up to 50 lbs, pulling, reaching.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package and paid time off vacation policy
- Industry leading benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
- Opportunities for training, development, career growth within a global organization
- A diverse, inclusive, supportive, and innovative work environment with best in-class people
- Pension plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions and RRSP options
- Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace
- Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions
- Our pre-employment process includes: reference checks, a medical including drug & alcohol testing, and a criminal record and drivers abstract check may be required.