Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Due to continuing growth in our Transportation practice, we are seeking a Transportation Senior Project Manager
for any of our Western Canada offices
. This position will be integral in the development and growth of GHD's Transport practice.
This is an opportunity for individuals who are driven, passionate and looking to be challenged in their career development. We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee-owned company, in a professional working environment that is quality and client-focused. Responsibilities:
- Delivering GHD's projects to budget, schedule, and quality standards; provides overall supervision and project management leadership during the full project life cycle.
- Support on GHD's business development and market strategies, engaging in partnering discussions and preparation of proposals and technical pursuits
- Liaises with clients, participates in business development and promotional activities for the company
- Lead GHD's project related Client relationships; attend weekly design and progress meetings
- Oversee and contribute to conceptual design & detailed design including coordination of engineering disciplines and supervision of drawing production
- Works with GHD production team on resource management, schedules and budgets.
- Preparation and negotiation of contract documents, liaison with internal Contract Management / Legal team
- Monitors project schedules, coordinates and maintains contact with sub-consultants, municipalities, utility companies, railways and Clients, and assists with contract administration as assigned
- Accountable to client and contractor questions, reviews shop drawings and attends sites during construction as required.
- Support in building/implementing a business strategy to successfully grow and deliver the existing rail/transit infrastructure business (especially including P3 and Design Build) within Western Canada
- Minimum of 10 years of project management experience leading and supporting large multi-discipline engineering teams
- Strong project management experience on various Transportation projects, ideally within Western Canada
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary transport projects, from roads to transit
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills
- Proven experience in winning and delivering engineering services for infrastructure projects in varying size and complexity, from business case, project inception through execution to turnover
- Strong understanding of transportation planning and rail & transit facilities
- Professional Degree in Architecture, Civil, Structural, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Hold a Professional License(s) in the Province of British Columbia and/or Alberta, or eligibility
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.