Kids & Company is Canada's largest corporate childcare and still growing! At Kids and Company, our greatest priority is to ensure that we meet every child's individual needs, providing a safe, secure and loving environment.
Although Kids and Company employees share a vision and common goals for our company, they come from all walks of life, speak dozens of languages and reflect the diverse families and communities we serve.Job Description:
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Establish guidelines for behavior
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with coworkers and community service providers working with children
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and wellbeing of children
Dependent on type of certification and experienceBenefits:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
Kids and Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Dental - frequent cleanings, x-rays, minor surgical procedures and post-surgical care
- Vision - eye exams
- Chiropractor, Osteopath, Podiatrist/Chiropodist, Massage Therapist, Naturopath, Speech Therapist, Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist, M.S.W. Social Worker, Psychologist, Acupuncturist
- Prescriptions, hearing aids, orthopedics, travel insurance
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- We have opportunities for educational support and tuition reimbursement
- We currently have over 100 daycares across North America and are constantly growing!
- Positive work environment with encouraging team members and opportunities for career advancement
- Monthly health challenges to promote work/life balance with exciting prizes
- Enjoy 35% off our child care services and receive 20 days of FREE back up child care per year!
Kids and Company is committed to providing accommodations to persons with disabilities so that they may pursue employment opportunities in a similar way to other applicants. If you require accommodation as a job applicant, please contact us by emailing [email protected]Requirements
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in early childhood education is required
- Valid ECE Certificate is required
- Clear criminal record check is required
- Character references in respect of the person are required
- A record of the person's work history/resume is required
- Copies of any diplomas, certificates or other evidence of training and skills are required
- Evidence that the person has complied with the Province's immunization and tuberculosis control programs is required
- Valid First Aid certificate is required
- Valid CPR certificate is required
Kids & Company is one of Canada's fastest growing companies. We currently have over 100 child care centres from Victoria, BC to Halifax, NS and we are still growing! Kids & Company is a proudly Canadian company and our greatest priority is to ensure that we meet every child's individual needs, by providing a stimulating, secure and loving environment. We are always looking for great people to join our team!