The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Degree in Engineering, or a related discipline (such as Software, Engineering Physics or Systems) from an accredited university.
- P.Eng in BC or Ontario, or able to register
- 10 - 15 years' progressive experience in Systems Engineering and/or Systems Integration with significant experience in rail and transit projects.
- Demonstrable strength in a minimum of two of the following:
- System Engineering lifecycles
- Systems Architecting
- Requirements Management.
- Integration and Interface Management
- Systems Assurance
- IEC 15288: 2015
- Working knowledge of the remainder
- Well developed technical writing and verbal communications skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Well developed knowledge of railway systems and / or operation within infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.
- Experience defining and directing systems engineering and integration testing activities to meet project goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to plan, lead and document technical meetings and conversations with clients, contractors, suppliers and regulators
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Able to interface with domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Able to identify, analyze and mitigate interface and interoperability risks from both a safety and program management perspective
- Proactively seeking to enhance personal and professional development
The following additional attributes are preferred:
- Successfully managed a team
- Confident and positive attitude
- Ability to conduct their work independently
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Proactive self-starter who's also flexible and able to adapt and learn
- Ability to build and harbour good working relationships with our business partners, suppliers, contractors, and clients
- Flexibility to travel
- Experience in working within a Global business
Mott MacDonald Canada is currently involved in several major infrastructure projects in the rail and transit realms. We are currently seeking a Systems Engineering and Integration Lead to complement our team and assist with rail system and infrastructure assignments for public and private-sector clients.
You will have the opportunity to work for Canadian clients such as Translink, Metrolinx and TTC as well as supporting capital projects in other geographic locations including the United States, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand tapping into the expertise of our global practices.
Mott MacDonald values equality, diversity, and inclusion. You will be working with a close-knit team of motivated and diverse professionals from various backgrounds. You will receive support from your management team and there will be opportunities for both formal and informal training. This is a chance to be a part of a progressive and rapidly growing organization.
In light of this, our Rail Systems Practice is looking for a Systems Engineering and Integration Lead, reporting our Rail Systems Practice Lead, to develop, support and lead the execution of the Systems Engineering and Systems Integration activities on projects executed by Mott MacDonald in North America with particular responsibility for those projects occurring in Canada. To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Lead the Systems Engineering and Systems Integration engineering team.
- Lead the development, adoption and delivery of key Systems Engineering and Systems Integration processes and practices within Mott MacDonald Canada; to include System Engineering (SE), Systems Integration (SI), Requirements Management (RM) and Configuration Management (CM)
- Lead the Systems Engineering and Systems Integration elements of bids and projects within Mott MacDonald Canada, including system architecting, requirements management and budget development/management as necessary.
- Providing advice and leadership on Systems Engineering and Systems Integration management activities.
- Provide strategic and tactical support for all Comms, S&TCS, Traction Power and Systems Assurance activities for MM rail projects across Canada and the US as needed
- Support the development of MM Canada's Rail Systems Practice
- Select, develop and work with key delivery partners and service providers for projects.
- Presenting to Clients and Project Team Partners
Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Every day we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world's most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world. As part of our growing business, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Mott MacDonald Canada Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence